Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went tuning this weekend, but had an issue with the intake temprature sensor. It was mounted right before the turbo and was reading 160 deg F. My guy who was tuning said that was off the wall, and we couldn't get the car running well, we ended up having to remove the sensor and tie it up in the engine bay to get more workable temperature readings. Anyhow long story short I need to mount the sensor on the charge pipe, but the sensor is a straight plug in, no screws or anything to hold it in place. How do i mount the sensor to get a more accurate reading?? I rather not leave it hanging out in the engine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its mounted in a hole with a grommet, but i want a more realistic reading, so i rather mount it on the charge pipe or intake manifold. Do any of you have an older "D" series motor? Can you tell me if the sensor is mounted with screws. i heard that the older d's are screw mounted which would help a hole lot. Thanks

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
its mounted in a hole with a grommet, but i want a more realistic reading, so i rather mount it on the charge pipe or intake manifold. Do any of you have an older "D" series motor? Can you tell me if the sensor is mounted with screws. i heard that the older d's are screw mounted which would help a hole lot. Thanks
Yes, on my d15b7 was mounted on im with 2 screws, same on d16z6.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
You think it would be just as simple as splicing the wires and replacing my temp sensor with one from and older car?? Where is yours mounted??
I´m not shure they make same readings.

At this moment is zip-tied under my im, cause my s2 mani does´nt have the holes, but I got not problems.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would put it in your charge pipe just before your TB...

The intake mounted sensors read more accurately than the sensors located inside of the intake manifold. On my last setup, I drilled a small hole on a coupler, and stuck the sensor through the hole. If you have a thick coupler, like the one I had it takes more force to remove than you would expect...

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
i have mine right in front of my throttle body. there were no provisions for it in my charge piping. luckily, i had a uni-bit and an old grommet from a cai i used to have on the car. i just drilled and filled basically.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i actually made an intake for my car for running at the track this summer and i drilled a hole, put a little grommet in it, and it works pefect

·
Registered
424 Posts
I know this an old post but I did a search and this post came up so I will ask my question here.

I have a Y8 intake on my a6 motor and I keep getting a code 15 for Air intake Temp sensor. I am using the one from the a6 manifold and zip tied it under the intake manifold. Its a 2 wire plug so I don't think it needs to be grounded. It would be hard to put it in the charge pipe because its a turbo motor and I would think that 15 PSI would shoot it right out of the hole in the pipe or at least leak. Anybody have any better way to hook this up? Can I just unplug it and run without it? Do I need a different one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts