Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, Im in the middle of swaping intake manifolds over. Im going from a D16Y7 manifold, to a JDM D15b manifold. Everything bolts up fine and what not, but I cant figure out where some of the coolant/vacuum hoses go. Heres a picture of where Im at.

Ok, first of, where does the coolant hose circled in RED go?

Next, what about the one circled in BLUE? Is it a coolant line, or a vacuum line? And wtf is that on the bottom of the throttle body? Some kind of sensor or something?

Next is the "nipple" circled in YELLOW. Its on the top of the throttle body, right next to the MAP sensor. Im guessing its a vacuum line, but no idea where it goes to.

Lastly, the little black box cirlced in GREEN. It runs from the little charcoal canister below the battery, and theres just a "nipple" on the black little box. Im guessing this too is a vacuum line. So...where does it run to?

This is all I have left to do to complete the swap, so I really need some advice here. On the IACV, I have one line running the big thick coolant line on the back of the block, and the other is ran to the bottom "nipple" on the throttle body (its got the little hose clamp on it in the pic.) Thanx. :D

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
the red and blue go together and the yellow goes to the charcoal canister, prob connects to the green off the canister

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the red and blue go together and the yellow goes to the charcoal canister, prob connects to the green off the canister
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks. :D

What is that, where the blue circle is? On the bottom of the throtttle body. It was already on there when I got it, and if I shake it gently, I can hear something moving around inside it. Is that good or bad? lol

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
that should be good, my brain is fried right now and can't for the life of me remember what it is though lol.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks. :D

What is that, where the blue circle is? On the bottom of the throtttle body. It was already on there when I got it, and if I shake it gently, I can hear something moving around inside it. Is that good or bad? lol
The whole assembly looks like the FITV valve. "Fast Idle Thermo valve" I think.

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, when going to connect all the lines, I found another coolant line that comes off the main coolant line on the IM. Its right underneath where the RED circled hose is. So I ran that one to the FITV (blue circle), so now where does the RED line go to? I cant find any other places it could possibly go. Should I just cap it off?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
i believe thats the one that goes over to the lil thing for the heater, its on the firewall...It has and inlet and outlet. and a lil metal thing on it, thats opens and closes it. goes right to it tho.

Edit: looked at mien this morning, the loop connects right there, on mine thats where its at.

[/url][/IMG]

and here is the link to the pic to http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?62f6b0b3b6.jpg

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
i believe thats the one that goes over to the lil thing for the heater, its on the firewall...It has and inlet and outlet. and a lil metal thing on it, thats opens and closes it. goes right to it tho.

Edit: maybe this will help. its easier if i was outside lookn at mine, but If i got out there, i wouldnt make it back in, had a few to drink otnight !

[/URL][/IMG]

heres the link if that dont work http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?2026d00ab3.jpg
You didn't remove your engine with the harness attached? You must have small arms/hands to be able to do that!

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
You guys must have tiny arms. It takes a bit of straining to get my arms behind the motor to get all of the plugs undone. I usually just unplug at the shock towers and call it a day...

Maybe it's just easier for the 92+ cars...88-91's are tight.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
lol, yeah aint that hard for me, I believe the 92-95 do have alot more room tho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts