Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im sure these questions have been asked over and over again, so hate me if you must but im just not sure what to do next. Heres my current mod setup. And below that is what im thinking about adding in the VERY near future. Let me know what you guys think and if im missing anything.

Current Mods:
15g (greddy kit) @ 11.2 psi on hallman MBC
FMIC
BOV
450cc injectors
Walboro 255
2 1/2 straight pipe
XTD stage 2 (GAY!!)
Innovate LC-1
crome tuned.
ARP's
Golden Eagle deck gaurd. (installed by a pro)
CX/VX trans (really gay!!)

Planned Mods:
STR 70mm TB
Port matched edlebrock performer X
Delta 272-2 regrind
Supertech valve springs and retainers
ACT 6 puck unsprung with heavy duty pressure plate
SI trans.
Xenocron 3 BAR map sensor for 16.5psi

Thanks again for any help guys. If im missing a critical piece of the puzzle PLEASE let me know. Im just not satisfied with my current setup.

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
Yea, you are definately missing something.

Pistons and rods.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pistons and rods first??

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
Pistons and rods first??
Jesus.

Start reading around the forced induction section, you will learn a LOT.

These guys making big numbers are NOT on stock blocks. You upping the boost to 16.5 on stock internals is gonna be a fail, most likely insta-fail.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been reading around. Everyone has mixed results and different approaches. Ok so lets theorize for a second. If i decided to stay at 11.2 psi. Should i still run new pistons and rods? because i didnt think it was compression pressure that is going to cause the epic fail it would be in the tune. Unless im mistaken. The reason i have NOT done pistons and rods is because this is my DD and i did not want to be without it for a week or two. So will the gains be worth the money without pistons and rods or should i just say f*ck it and do up the block. Sorry for the noob questions but id like to head in the right direction with minimal re-do's.

·
McLOVIN
800 Posts
Jesus.

Start reading around the forced induction section, you will learn a LOT.

These guys making big numbers are NOT on stock blocks. You upping the boost to 16.5 on stock internals is gonna be a fail, most likely insta-fail.
Drop 600 in H neam rods with Vitaras AND a bottom end rebuild kit. thats only 600$. cheap insurance. search
vitara setups

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
All those things you listed are ridiculous.

Built bottom end
MAP sensor
Bigger injectors

THEN start thinking about things like a cam, intake manifold, TB, etc.

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
Rods/Pistons are a must if shooting for a high boost build. Yes a lot of it is in the tune, but you have to think how tiny the stock rods are.

·
McLOVIN
800 Posts
the oem camshaft is perfectly fine for 300whp, o need to upgrade until your ready to push past that. Besides, anymore money put into thiscar will be wasted, unless you build the bottom end because these rods are not strong enough to withstand much more than 220whp. Go find a #2 pencil. See how thin it is? That's how thin the rods in your motor are. We don't want to see you waste your money and we want you to enjoyyour car :bigok:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All those things you listed are ridiculous.

Built bottom end
MAP sensor
Bigger injectors

THEN start thinking about things like a cam, intake manifold, TB, etc.
450's not big enough for 16psi? im only at 80% duty cycle on my current 450's.

bottom end is gonna be first - im thinking now. i hate my freaking trans with a passion tho. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL i just am. Under full boost im running 11.1 afr +/- .4 afr

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
LOL i just am. Under full boost im running 11.1 afr +/- .4 afr
That's slightly rich, my tune right now is 11.8-12.2, full boost, WOT.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need to lean a bit. Prolly add some power lol.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sent.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You would probly be really happy with a ex or si tranny..and are you able to find another d16 block anywhere to rebuild? so that your car is not down for a long period of time

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
funny you say that. I was recently offered a nice block for a good price (ty staypuff) so i may pick that up. But i may also get just pistons and rods and strip my block ahead of time and get it honed.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
16 psi huh? i doubt you will see that much for very long with that turbo set-up. the 15g is a tiny heater. anything past a bar is usually not much gain for the excess heat. plus the wg sucks so much ass, you will probably not see 16 psi for more then a second.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts