Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am in the final stages of doing my turbo and i am stuck on something dumb. the vac lines. where do they all go to? i will include pictures so if someone could please kinda link it up for me that would be cool. i ran the one from the top of the wastegate to the vac manifold. i think thats right.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Top of the wastegate should only be use if you are using an EBC. Of not, leave it open. One of the nipple on your compressor housing will need to connect to your side port of your wastegate. Cover the other nipple of the compressor housing or use a bolt.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok so then there is no need to run the top line to the vac mani? just the one line to the wastegate from the turbo and then one line from my blow off valve to the vac mani. seems simple. and just plug the other line on the wastegate and the other line on the turbo?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so according to your diagram u connect the 2 lines on the turbo together. and u put wastegate... do u mean the top connector or the bottom?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Other nipple on your turbo is not needed or both not needed if you are getting your boost pressure through your vacuum manifold. You'll only need to use one of the nipple from your turbo to your side port of the wastegate or vacuum manifold to your side port wastegate. Cap off any other port that you are not using. Again, top port of the your wastegate is only for an electronic boost controller. If you're not using any kind of electronic boost controller leave the top port of your wastegate open.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so do i run the one line to the waste gate or connect the 2 lines together. that diagram is helpful but contradiciting to what others are saying.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I would run one line to the wastegate from the nipple on the compressor housing and block off the other.The wastegate 1) isn't suppose to see vacuum and 2) you want to keep the lines as short as possible.

edit:you could really just do it either way but why connect the lines together if they are not going to be used? Block them both off if you do it from the vacuum manifold

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Cap both nipple of the turbo showing above off if you decide to get it through your vacuum manifold. If not, than only use one connecting it to your side port of the wastegate and cap the other off. By doing this way you'll no longer need to run any line to your vacuum manifold. It's up to you.
Like I said above cap that nipple going to the wastegate off if you are running a line from your turbo to your wastegate. If you're not using any port nipple from the turbo cap it than run that wastegate line shown above on that vacuum manifold to the side port of the wastegate, not the top.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohhh ok so i can either run the line from the turbo to the watsegate or the line from the vac mani to the wastegate. if i run the line from the turbo i just cap off the unused nipple. if i run the line from the vac mani i just connect the 2 nipples on the turbo together. or cap them both. is running it from the vac mani or the turbo better? or would they be the same?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
^ YES... I personally like running it from the turbo. Boost pressure are meant to taken it before the thottle body but both will work. Some have better luck running it from the intake/vacuum manifold. I have no issuse running it from the turbo. It's just up to you to decide.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
^ YES... I personally like running it from the turbo. Boost pressure are meant to taken it before the thottle body but both will work. Some have better luck running it from the intake/vacuum manifold. I have no issuse running it from the turbo. It's just up to you to decide.
I agree,look at my previous post above for my reasoning.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so i will run it from the turbo. seems to be the better option. and i will just leave the top line of the wastgate open till i get a boost controller. thanks guys. somene should make a basic diagram and sticky it in this forum. maybe i will do that once i get my intercoler piping fit in.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i did a search and all I found was a bombz one, any ideas on a good place to get one. I never knew such a thing existed but thats way better than tons of t connectors.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
ok so i will run it from the turbo. seems to be the better option. and i will just leave the top line of the wastgate open till i get a boost controller. thanks guys. somene should make a basic diagram and sticky it in this forum. maybe i will do that once i get my intercoler piping fit in.
x2

1 - 20 of 23 Posts