Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had my at 2 inches before the throttle blade. Where have you located yours?
i have a nitrous express wet kit with 50 and 75 shot.

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds about right. Most I have seen have been no more than about 6 inches in front of the tb.
do you think it should be father away the bigger the shot gets, so it has more time to mix before it hits the manifold?

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive ran a 125 with no issues with it sitting right at the bend of my intake before the TB
On a stock or built bottom end?
Do you put the nozzle on the top or bottom of the tube or on what side?

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone else?

:3some:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Nitrous reccomends you to have it at least 6 inches from the T-body... I always plummed them in the bend of the intake..

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im going to put it farther back this time as i plan on seeing just how big of a shot this little motor can take.

Does anyone think it matters on what side of the intake piping the nitrous nozzle is located, or top or bottom? all feedback is very helpful.

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i seemed to loose power that far away..i played around with an old intake pipe years ago, and six inches worked best..right at the bend in the intake...
was that on a dry kit? and how big of a shot did you run?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mine is at the very end of the intake, i tapped a hole in the end of the intake filter, Just like zex's set up, works awsome and is very stealth. I could not tell a diffrence from when it was 8 inches from my TB

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
i seemed to loose power that far away..i played around with an old intake pipe years ago, and six inches worked best..right at the bend in the intake...
if 13.09 @ 103 is loosing power.............on a stock Z6 :)

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
if 13.09 @ 103 is loosing power.............on a stock Z6 :)
the farther away from the TB the less hard it hits...in the NOS kit directions the pic actually shows it installed on the TB itself...imo...the closer to the TB the better opportunity the charge has to travel across the plenum to the furthest cylinder..the number one and two cylinders always has more wear due to weak distribution.,,,once again, just my opinion.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
oh, you want it to hit HARD like the mad DOHC VTAK.

Think about what you just said and how I launch. You'll understand why I went the way I did, my 60 foots show the results.

Once flowing the dry kit doesn't really care how far it's away, 6" or 18" doesn't matter.

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
oh, you want it to hit HARD like the mad DOHC VTAK.

Think about what you just said and how I launch. You'll understand why I went the way I did, my 60 foots show the results.

Once flowing the dry kit doesn't really care how far it's away, 6" or 18" doesn't matter.
ya i liked to feal it engage as hard as possible.....and i feel ya, you want a softer launch...wheel spin is a problem with nitrous...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts