Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 civic hatch standard model. I am running a 4 channel amp and started wiring it.

My question is where at on the firewall can I run the power wire through at?

Didnt see any holes to pull it through at.

Thanks in advance

Darrin

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Run it through the boot the ecu harness runs through. Passenger side under the dash, then it will be on the same side as the battery.
thank you for the advice. this is what I found as well shortly after posting and looking. :)

rep for you

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
take the firewall cover off and drill thru in a spot you can see is clear....that OR find a corner and cry OR take it to a shop...if they mess it up they gotta pay

·
Registered
223 Posts
Run it through the boot the ecu harness runs through. Passenger side under the dash, then it will be on the same side as the battery.
this is where I ran mine and it works great, at least this way you don't have to try running a wire across your engine and then all the way to the amp, that could get to be a ton of wire...

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
This is where mine is run also..I only have an #8 awg wire so it tucks up real nice under the fender...the car is at afriends house getting body work so i cant take any pics but i could get some if you need some..:bigok:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
im using 2/0 and i ran it through an empty plug in my fire wall that is abouve and to the right of my ac drain tube on my eh i popped the gromet out cut the center out and ran the cable through it and then siliconed it up. its been like that since early 06 and no leaks or problems to this day

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where could I run 0 ga?
I think hatchaddict is right. From what I seen today, if you dont have AC(I still have the R12 system:) then youmight be able to run it through on the passenger side where one of the ac lines are.

Dont know if it will fit though, but that is where my friend ran his wiring for a battery relocate at

·
Registered
894 Posts
hatchaddict clearly states it was done on his EH...
meaning 92-95 i presume
there's a big hole with a grommet on eg/eh vehicles
i presume not on ef/ed civics hence the thread
though the A/C method sounds viable if not in use

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hatchaddict clearly states it was done on his EH...
meaning 92-95 i presume
there's a big hole with a grommet on eg/eh vehicles
i presume not on ef/ed civics hence the thread
though the A/C method sounds viable if not in use
Yeah his was on a different chassis. but ef's do have a hole on the firewall-if you dont have ac anymore. I ended up just squeezing mine through where the ecu harness comes through. which is a little pita since a lot of stuff sits over it. lol but it worked

1 - 14 of 14 Posts