Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya folks.

I'm getting a list together of all the bolt-ons for my D16A8 as I want to order a load of stuff from the US as it all seems sooooo much cheaper over there but I've got a few questions first.

What cams are available/recomended?

I've heard the DC Sports exhaust manifold is a good choice, does anyone know if one is available for the DOHC engines or will the SOHC one fit?

Does anyone know of anywhere that does performance CATs for the D16?

I'm sorting the induction out at this end along with (maybe. Is it worth it on these engines) a little head work and I've already got a stainless exhaust system from the CAT back.

What else would be good for a fast road spec NASP engine (I'd love to go Turbo but alas my insurance premium won't allow it :cry: )?

Any help greatly apreciated as would telling me I'm an idiot if I've missed something stupid and obvious out!

Cheers Folks!

·
Registered
518 Posts
the dc header bolts right up, u will prolly want to port match the header though because the ports on it and the head dont line up perfectly

the catylytic converter (stock) go to dealer or get a used one
test pipes (straight through cat) can be found on ebay all day long

exhaust can be found anywhere just get one for ur car and everything will bolt up perfectly

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
some reground delta cams , u can find em on ebay every once in a while. or some used ones in the classifieds at thezcr.com. thats the best i can think of, maybe stock jdm ZC cams would be better???? anyone?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys.

Good news that the header fits and I'll start looking on ebay US for the cams because no-one over here seems to do them. :???:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
yah they also have a website but its good too get some replacements because of the downtime. deltacam.com. i'm wondering if cam sprockets from a d16a1 fits that motor??? anyone??

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're looking for cams , or any other motor parts , I can certainly try to help from here . Here being the east coast of canada . usually the postage is fairly good and fast . I have a GREAT supplier in central Canada ( www.jrponline.com ) , and the turnaround time is usually 4 / 5 working days .
Let me know .... [email protected]

Cheers,
Dragon

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers bud. I'll keep it in mind. Website doesn't look too bad. Found some cams on ebay too. Just nee to sort out a bit of cash and my small piston ring problem first... :???:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts