Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to order bearings for my d16z6 and every one seems to be west coast, does any one know who might stock ACL bearing kits for a d16z6 on the east coast?

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No one answers the phone there and i need to be sure i have them in 2 days. any other east coast places that actually will answer the phone?

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
have you tried this number- 787-210-6492 ? They answer when I call. Sorry couldnt help. :TU:

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im trying it over and over, it just says leave message right away with out ringing.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
prices dont matter at this point, its the fact i need bearings within 2 days , and they dont answer the phone it goes right to voice mail. any other options?

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
if you need them asap and price isn't a concern, go get them from napa or schucks. or go to the dealership and get all greens.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we dont have a shucks , and napa are idiots around here and dont carry ACL any way, I am about to just order clevites from summitt, i did call my dealer and he asked what color i wanted i said i had no idea why should i use green?

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
if I remember correctly, greens are the standard size bearings. So they should make your motor a little loose. :TU: And loose is fast and on the verge of out of control- Harry from Days of Thunder. ;)

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well either way its a 3 day at least wait for them from my dealer.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
the greens are in the middle of the bearing sizes. that's what aftermarket bearing are giving you. honda bearings are color coded. there's marks on the crank and the block, i think that tell you which color bearing to use for each journal.

but the difference in size of the color is small and the allowable bearing clearance is within that range. so there a really high chance of greens being within spec. (if your crank journals are within spec.) but what should really be going by is the journal measurements, then measuring bearing clearance the right way and pick a bearing thats going to give a bearing clearance of right at the lowest side of the new specs. if that makes sense.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FJ answered the phone and has my bearings and is looking for a gasket set for me to. he will be calling me back in 15 min.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
isnt there a gasket between the oil pump and block or is teh lower end conversion kit all i need? since i dont need any thing from the head up?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts