Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Clutchmaster said:
yeah what the thread said
not to knock you or anything man, but spend the extra few bucks to do it right. if you dont, then you will be buying a new one anyways.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
its a fucking VC gasket. SOME things are better to go OEM, like dizzys, bearings. head gaskets, etc...but when it come to simple shit like a valve cover gasket, cheap Napa stuff works just as well. ive NEVER had a problem with any of the parts ive gotten from Napa, Schucks/Checker/Kraigen, etc. they all have worked just fine. this whole bandwagon "OEM is better" shit is nonsense unless its something extremely important like what i listed earlier

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
wow is napa really cheap i wouldn't think so.
Napa is most likely going to be the cheapest.

Food for though: some parts that Napa carry, they dont make on their own. they actually purchase parts from the Automobile manufacturer and rebox them at a lower price. ive seen that a lot when i worked in the auto repair industry

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
ryan89crx said:
its a fucking VC gasket. SOME things are better to go OEM, like dizzys, bearings. head gaskets, etc...but when it come to simple shit like a valve cover gasket, cheap Napa stuff works just as well. ive NEVER had a problem with any of the parts ive gotten from Napa, Schucks/Checker/Kraigen, etc. they all have worked just fine. this whole bandwagon "OEM is better" shit is nonsense unless its something extremely important like what i listed earlier
for me it would depend on the car im putting them on. when i had my "88 civic sedan winter beater, i would get the premium line of parts at canadian tire or carquest which were still way cheaper than honda's prices.

for the eg however, except for oil, i go with honda parts 100%.

ryan89crx said:
Food for though: some parts that Napa carry, they dont make on their own. they actually purchase parts from the Automobile manufacturer and rebox them at a lower price. ive seen that a lot when i worked in the auto repair industry
i can imagine that happens alot. its hard to find a parts retailer that doesn't sell parts from other companies with their names on them. it the business and if it gets us a quality part at a cheaper price all the while both companies make their share, then bonus :TU:.

we had the carquest rep at the dealership the other day talking to us and he was telling us about the companies who are making parts for other stores and the store just puts their name on it, usually accompanied by a lower price :TU:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts