Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea im lookin for some good sounds and i don't wanna put a 100 pound box in my trunk..where can i find some good sound system for my car..sorry for sloppy writing..

·
Registered
honda civic
271 Posts
ebay or your local audio performance shop....no such thing as a "light weight system"

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol..i know but i don't wanna put a heavy ass box in the trunk..i want somthing like stock speakers..you know what i mean..im tryin to explain this..lol..i found one audio store but too much for there stuff..

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anybody have a 89 ef 4dr stock system cause i wanna know how it sound and is it good..i might go to stock..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a set of Kenwood 12's that are less than a yr old and a MTX 420/2 amp to go with it for sale. All together probably 60 lbs. And the box is small enough to easily get in and out of your car

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where are you located..?..and im just tryin to be nice but you need 65 post to sell,trade or buy on here and im pretty sure that you know that correct?but nice if you were close to me and how much would you sell them for?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm just hard up for cash so I can finish my car. I live in Seymour, IN. 200for all including wiring

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn too far to travle and too far to send..lol...i wish i had the money but the next 200 im geting is to get my car back..lol..long story though..sry man..but where can i get a stock 89'civic audio at?..any idea's?..lmk

·
Registered
21 Posts
You wanting the deck and everything or just the speakers or what? I'm sure i can find something around here. I'll keep an ear out

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks man for the help..do you know how much it would be if i got it installed by them..?

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You wanting the deck and everything or just the speakers or what? I'm sure i can find something around here. I'll keep an ear out
well ya everything..lol..my deck sucks ass cause one day i put a cd in it and it barelly came out..

·
Registered
129 Posts
thanks man for the help..do you know how much it would be if i got it installed by them..?
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOTlet best buy or ANY place like it install your stereo, they are fucking idiots and probably know less than you.

Best thing i suggest you do is go to crutchfield.com order the shit off there and make sure they send the install instructions.

IF you let them install your stereo you have a 75% chance of it failing within a week and most likely have to take it to mechanic to repair their damage.

i speak from experience. i have fixed over 20 different car stereos installed by Best Buys from all over northern IL. They're all idiots.

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well thanks..you just saved me 1000's..well i can buy some audio and try to do it my self..just take my time thatz all..

·
Registered
129 Posts
swaping stock is easy. jus pay attention to what your doing, do one speaker at a time. its just 4 screws and two wires pretty much

if you do the head unit, you might wanna find a friend thats done one before, or at least have a wiring diagram for your ride handy. You'll need a wire harness and stereo bezel too. Don't use electrical tape either..or wire nuts...crimp that shit, their cheap and easy.

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think i should leave it to the pro's huh..?..itz not really stock speakers or deck..

·
Registered
honda civic
271 Posts
I have a set of Kenwood 12's that are less than a yr old and a MTX 420/2 amp to go with it for sale. All together probably 60 lbs. And the box is small enough to easily get in and out of your car
read the rules!!

·
Registered
honda civic
271 Posts
i think i should leave it to the pro's huh..?..itz not really stock speakers or deck..
a "system" is heavy no matter what you do there is no such thing as a light wieght system...

"." <--

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha..i just told him that..lol..>[but you need 65 post to sell,trade or buy on here and im pretty sure that you know that correct?]

·
Registered
129 Posts
jus don't goto best buy. this is actually pretty basic stuff, it can sound more scarey than it really is. come on man what ya doing on the car site if your not going to work on your ride? jus mess'n, but this was my frist mod to every car i've ever had to drive on a daily basis since i've been 16 so i've never found it tooo hard. but if it is something you totally feel unsafe with don't fuck your shit up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts