Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need two new CP 75.5 9:1 pistons. Where is the best place to get invididual pistons or does anyone on here want to split the cost of a complete set with rings with me?

I melted two pistons due to detonation:( Reason was it took me a long time to swap head studs when i head lift thus causing air to get into my system and super heated my chamber/head...

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
wow ..... Yes you do huh?
Most the time they are sold - in pairs of four but i don't see why couldn't buy just two. Call the place you got them from - maybe they can help you. The only issues i see if if they need to buy four to sell you two. And i can see their point from that side ...

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
Part #: SC7026

75.5 Comp Ratio 9.0:1

i'll do it for 120 and shipping...

edit for 2 it'll be 235 and shipping

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Did det. blow out the valve reliefs on the pistons? Hard to see from the pic...but that's what I can tell. Does not every know yet that it's a good idea to file down the valve reliefs becuase of this very reason? My friend has a BNIB set of 20 over CPs at the machinists right now; guess what, he recommended him to file them down as did I.

Anyhow, hope after the piston replacement everything is good to go!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow ..... Yes you do huh?
Most the time they are sold - in pairs of four but i don't see why couldn't buy just two. Call the place you got them from - maybe they can help you. The only issues i see if if they need to buy four to sell you two. And i can see their point from that side ...
i called the place i got them from and i was just wondering if there are other places. Just trying to see where i can get the best price.

Part #: SC7026

75.5 Comp Ratio 9.0:1

i'll do it for 120 and shipping...

edit for 2 it'll be 235 and shipping
thanks! do you stock rings too? if so what kind?

Did det. blow out the valve reliefs on the pistons? Hard to see from the pic...but that's what I can tell. Does not every know yet that it's a good idea to file down the valve reliefs becuase of this very reason? My friend has a BNIB set of 20 over CPs at the machinists right now; guess what, he recommended him to file them down as did I.

Anyhow, hope after the piston replacement everything is good to go!

yup basicly cylinder 1 it blew the reliefs out completely you can see about 1/8 inch of the compression rings. cylinder 2 also blew out in teh same spot, but not as bad.

car still runs:) i havent pushed on it hard though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts