Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at what points on the motor do you use to get it out of there?

just looking for some input because i'm going to be doing this on saturday if everything goes as planned.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
i put the rope (yes, rope.. we didnt have a chain lol) around the driverside mount, then i removed the distributor, threaded one of the bolts back in, then put the rope hook on the bolt.. worked fine, and motor works fine so far...

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
i put the rope (yes, rope.. we didnt have a chain lol) around the driverside mount, then i removed the distributor, threaded one of the bolts back in, then put the rope hook on the bolt.. worked fine, and motor works fine so far...
:werd: rope is the shit...i did mine similar.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always use the factory lifting points. One on the transmission and the one on the backside of the head above the alternator.
what is there to connect to on the factory lifting point on the head?
is it a bolt?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
i just use the bolt hole on the back of the head by the intake manifold on the cam gear side... then i take the dizzy out and put a bolt there.. never had a problem

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i use the bolt holes for power steering and a dizzy whole. but i drop the engine out of the bottom. its just easier that way.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
On the clutch cable bracket, there's a hole and i just stick the hook on there. then, i take one of the motor mount nut off, put the chain on there, and bolt the chain on there.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i use the bolt holes for power steering and a dizzy whole. but i drop the engine out of the bottom. its just easier that way.
how do you raise your car that high? do you have a lift or something?

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
good advice is to raise the timing belt side a little higher than the tranny side.... makes life soooo much easier.... same for dropping it back in

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
how do you raise your car that high? do you have a lift or something?
ya i have a lift. but i also have a set of jacks that will lift it high enough to clear.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts