Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Your stocker will be fine. I think the stock pump can handle upwards of 350hp but don't quote me on that. I'm 90% positive it can handle at least that much......but I put a 255lph in mine anyways. Lol

Someone else WILL come along with a definite answer shortly. I promise. But I know your setup will be fine.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Stock fuel pump is good to what hp level?

I'll be looking for around 180hp/180tq with my Greddy kit.
I think the stock if it's in good condition can handle the numbers you want. Me personally,I always replace the pumps in f/i builds since most of the cars I deal with I don't know the complete histroy of as far as maintenance.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
I think the stock if it's in good condition can handle the numbers you want. Me personally,I always replace the pumps in f/i builds since most of the cars I deal with I don't know the complete histroy of as far as maintenance.
x2, better safe than sorry

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
all your answers are wrong.

the correct answer is when fuel pressure drop off occures. when it drops, a pump is needed. till then, it can stay in if your not worried about it.

if you have one worry about it, i would replace it.

for example: my 99 EJ6 could not spin more then 190 whp before my pressure would fall from 40 psi to 3 psi. but, it made 180 no problem and did it for about 2 weeks till me next tune. :D

·
My 91 Crx Hf
2,164 Posts
i upping to a 255lph just b/c its $90, and I won't have to worry about it later on, and I don't know when/if the fuel pump in my crx has ever been replaced... (I am only looking for about 180whp as well)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
nope, your still also going to have to worrry about it. fuel pressure drop off will happen when you either exceed the pumps ability to flow or it fails. either can happen at anytime. hence why you need a fuel pressure gauge ;).

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
nope, your still also going to have to worrry about it. fuel pressure drop off will happen when you either exceed the pumps ability to flow or it fails. either can happen at anytime. hence why you need a fuel pressure gauge ;).
Not trying to thread jack but possibly reference????? Is it possible to mount an inline FPG on a stock fuel rail? Or should I just stick with mounting it on top of the the in line filter?

......I wish it wasnt a dumb idea to mount it inside the cabin.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
ya you can rail mount...its what i did but get a liquid filled gauge so the vibration wont break it on ya.......ask me how i know!:)

ill post a pic when i find it..

·
Registered
504 Posts
ya but with a 255 the chance of him exceeding the pumps ability with his goals isnt going to happen and it shouldnt fail if its new and he replaces the strainer

·
Registered
609 Posts
x2, better safe than sorry
Good way to look at it! You would never wanna have less than adequate fueling for a high performance motor, especially forced induction. You can also look at it as being more accepting to boost upgrades down the line.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
at least someone here knows whats up lol.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Not trying to thread jack but possibly reference????? Is it possible to mount an inline FPG on a stock fuel rail? Or should I just stick with mounting it on top of the the in line filter?
location should be after the filter and before the fpr.

......I wish it wasnt a dumb idea to mount it inside the cabin.
its not a dumb idea, just have to make sure its not mechanical :lol:

ya you can rail mount...its what i did but get a liquid filled gauge so the vibration wont break it on ya.......ask me how i know!:)
yes, liquid filled is your best bet for ANY gauge that is mounted to the engine/exposed to high vibrations.

at least someone here knows whats up lol.
:sweatdrop: ... experiance is the main teacher.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
The only problem I have with putting in a 255lph is heating the fuel from being circulated too much.

Who sells a 190lph for a decent price?
not going to heat the fuel unless you are at the limit of the pumps flow capability. till then, it will stay cool, since the pump is not being over tasked.

xenocron sells a 190 pump for cheap. its basically a walbro, just with out the name.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not going to heat the fuel unless you are at the limit of the pumps flow capability. till then, it will stay cool, since the pump is not being over tasked.
I'm not talking about the pump heating the fuel. Sending the (unused) fuel to the rail and back to the tank over and over will heat the fuel up by exposing it to engine bay heat. This can cause problems on a hot summer day driving in stop and go traffic. I'm not sure how much of an issue this is in practice, but I know the theory is correct.

For this reason, I will get a 190lph pump.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts