Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just notice this problem like 2 days ago, got a d15b7, just did a manual conversion to it about a 2 weeks ago so i dont know if this has something to do with it, but there a times when i rev dont have to be very high but to like 3g, i notice the temp. gauges sometimes drops down to cold and it would stay like that until i let off the gas wat could the problem be?

·
Registered
30 Posts
im planning on doing the same swap.... but does it take longer to heat up than normal?... if thats true its probally your thermostat... IMO

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o no no no, the car runs great nothing change everything is normal , takes the same time to warm up, and the part i like is that my auto start still works i know its illegal to have auto start on a manual car but o well it was auto before

·
Registered
1993 civicEX
206 Posts
seems like you may have wire touching its not because you did a manual swap it could have something to do with where you have the wires run double check make sue all your wire are insulated

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not change the gauge cluster as yet, but i think its the temperature switch that went bad the switch that sends the singnal to the gauge in the cluster not sure im about to go check that right now

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
thermostat gets my vote, could it be because the waterpump is spinning faster?

·
Registered
547 Posts
sound like a t-stat to me also. they are not hard to replace and pretty cheap. double check your wires, make sure there nothing pinch or a short some where.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
before you start running in circles:
just make sure the wire to your temp sender (side of head, under dizzy) is not loose at all. (it's a single wire and the sensor is the smaller of the two down there. the little connector is a piece of shit and likes to get reamed loose.

I had a very similar problem after a swap. Under acceleration, the temp gauge would bottom out.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
before you start running in circles:
just make sure the wire to your temp sender (side of head, under dizzy) is not loose at all. (it's a single wire and the sensor is the smaller of the two down there. the little connector is a piece of shit and likes to get reamed loose.

I had a very similar problem after a swap. Under acceleration, the temp gauge would bottom out.
RIGHT ON THE MONEY THAT WAS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM THAT WIRE CAME COMPLETELY OFF now its good pluged it back in, and for the record when the thermostat goes bad the car over heats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts