Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, wanna buy the GX pistons [PMS] to put in my D15B.

Is it best to buy the pistons pins that are for that piston or will the stock ones fit? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Pins need to be replaced when removed from rod/piston combo.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Rushi's answer does answer your question. You are supposed to replace the pins with new ones when you press out the old pins. So, get pins for your new pistons.

That being said, depending on who does the pressing, you can reuse the pins, but, again, it requires carefull work.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
plus usually pistons come with new pins.. and if pins arent included (fact thatmost come with it) already says its best to replace it new,

just like any other added insurance for the engine.. taking it can only lead to a better nights sleep.. hehehe

i agree w/ rushi + a.c.beave

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
^ i thought you were refering to the pin's snap rings that go around the outside.... my bad but just so you know, when you buy pistons the only thing thats not included, is the rings

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well you need different rods anyway to make those GX pistons fit they arent going to fit your D rod anyway

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well you need different rods anyway to make those GX pistons fit they arent going to fit your D rod anyway
Different rods? Not for a D15B I dont think. At least all the conversations that I've had on here havent dictated that. I've got a JDM D15B

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
yes the wrist pin is different at least on the PDN GX rods they are, they are a 21mm pin as opposed to 19. Im not 100% on the PMS ones but i believe they are

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THE PMS ones are a direct fitment IIRC, the PDN ones i know are diff for sure. I'll research and post that confirmation sometime today

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
found this on our very own D-series

Original Post:

I don't think thats a correct assumption. The pistons are completely different. Look again:

98-00 GX piston
PDN-A00
21mm pin
49.28 total height
30.50 compression height
2.5 dome height

01-03 GX piston
PMS-A00
19mm pin
47.42 total height
27.00 compression height
1.5 dome height

Not even close to being the same unless the 04 reverted back to the PDN's. So there's something else going on with the newer GX's.

D15B has the same rod length as VX, and these PMS have a 19mm pin so things should be cool.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Those measurements came from Mr. D(Heeltoeautomotive); there should be the original article on Onecamonly. He measured a whole bunch of pistons and the PMS are indeed 19mm pins. The piston "set" should come with the pins.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Excellent!!!! I'll have to call or email the parts place to see if the pins do indeed come when buying a set of 4.

Look out for a hi compression D15B coming to a forum near you!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts