Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my CRX (second owner) I was a little put off by the old worn steering wheel, especially coming from my previous car with a wonderful leather sports wheel (02 civic si). I really wanted to stick with the OEM look until I could find a great deal on a light-weight premium wheel for autocrossing, so I invested $35 into a Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover.

I've had lots of compliments on it, and I enjoy the extra thickness and grip for autocrossing. I'd say this is possibly the best you can do for a steering wheel cover without breaking the bank:

These things are readily available online from a number of competetive vendors, and you will need to put aside a couple of hours to hand-stitch it on (much easier on a non-airbag car, since the wheel comes right off). They come in a big variety of colors, and are guaranteed: http://www.wheelskins.com/

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
:TU:
I've been thinking about one of those too. The old crx steering wheels get all crumbly :(

Is that the charcoal or black leather skin?

-ic

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That is black leather. The charcoal was a little lighter.

I was actually considering opening up an ebay accessories store as a business for my wife to run, and I got thier vendor package with all the samples. Very nice stuff...

I wanted to drop-ship Wheelskins, Razo, Momo and some other nice accessories, but my wife found a different job, then quit it, then got hooked on World of Warcraft hehe! Oh well, I guess I was just trying to get some good deals on stuff for myself anyways. :razz:

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll start scouting for a good location for the next shoot. :smile:

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
I have a leather wrapped wheel from my teg (before I got he all-leather SE version 8) ) that you guys could take off my hands.

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FooSchnickens said:
I have a leather wrapped wheel from my teg (before I got he all-leather SE version 8) ) that you guys could take off my hands.
Pics?

·
Banned
939 Posts
Good review. I've been curious about the quailty and feel. Too bad they don't offer a matching cover for the knob.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Lule said:
Good review. I've been curious about the quailty and feel. Too bad they don't offer a matching cover for the knob.
you could always buy some scrap black leather and make one for the knob if you are in any way inclined in stiching/fabiric manipulation

that steering wheel looks really nice man!!! id do that same thing if the stock steering wheel wasnt sooo big, it makes me feel like im driving a schoolbus, i gotta have smaller!!!

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SilentWrath* said:
you could always buy some scrap black leather and make one for the knob if you are in any way inclined in stiching/fabiric manipulation

that steering wheel looks really nice man!!! id do that same thing if the stock steering wheel wasnt sooo big, it makes me feel like im driving a schoolbus, i gotta have smaller!!!
Yeah, the stock wheel is shockingly heavy too... its gotta go when the right deal comes along...but I'm patient.

I have a buddy who is going to give me the leather knob out of his '02 Civic Si. :razz:

I am going to try to leather-wrap my ebrake handle. I had sprayed Plasti-dip on it, but it got snagged and started to peel off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts