Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys i got a big problem, i have a spinning wheel stud and its all jacked up, someone tried stealing my car and tried to get that wheel off and messed up with stud and the lug nut its the worst everyones seen, and ideas on how to get it off?

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
Alright guys i got a big problem, i have a spinning wheel stud and its all jacked up, someone tried stealing my car and tried to get that wheel off and messed up with stud and the lug nut its the worst everyones seen, and ideas on how to get it off?
you mean the nut is stuck on the stud and the stud is spinning? Hack the nut off and hammer the stud out like normal.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
here's how we did it when i worked in tires...

jack the car up
grab your impact wrench
pull out on the wheel so that it applies outward force on the nut
hammer on it with the impact

the force from the wheel should be enough to keep it from spinning and either strip the rest of the stud, or break it

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
if you run out of choices you could always drill it.

·
Registered
97 EK
104 Posts
i broke one off before and just hammered the shit out of it, but if yours is the worse anyone has ever seen, you might have bigger problems.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
if you run out of choices you could always drill it.
drilling would take forever and then some. try grabing the back of the stud with some pliers and then trying to remove the lug. if that doesn't work, the next best thing i can think of is to grind away the head of the stud and hammer it through backwards to remove it.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Pound it threw. Thats what I did to replace my wheel studs. they will kinda go out at an angle, but it wont hurt anything. I also pounded them in from the back. None of the grooves were messed up.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Pound it threw. Thats what I did to replace my wheel studs. they will kinda go out at an angle, but it wont hurt anything. I also pounded them in from the back. None of the grooves were messed up.
but he has to get the lugnut off first.:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cut that mother fucker off there and pound her through.Does it have the same set up as the 3rd gen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts