Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, first off... yes i searched and read about this....

i have a 99 civic. I am trying to replace my OEM wheel studs with ARP ones. The ARP studs are quite a bit longer than the OEM ones. Now on to my problem...

with the front....
I took the wheel, brakes off.

When i knock the OEM studs out THEY HIT THE HUB! So there is NO way to take them out! anybody know how to get them out?????

The rear......
I took the front cover off, even took the brakes apart.

I was able to take knock the OEM studs out but where the ARP studs are longer i am not able to work them in behind the hub and slide them into the small hole for the studs.

I'm lost on this. I REALY don't want to have to pay a shop to do this.

All input is appreciated!

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i am under the impression that you have to press the wheel bearing out of the hub.

·
Registered
white crx with a zc
338 Posts
yep...when i did mine i torched off my old one and when i replaced it i could not fit it through either......at the time i wrked at a honda dealer and i asked 1 of the techs wut to do....he say to grind down part of the stud just enof for it to slip into place....i did it and it works fine and i no it wont strip out

·
Brokedick Millionaire
41,007 Posts
only way to get the longer studs in is to split the front bearings apart, good time to replace them.

Rears are easy, knock off dust cover, 32mm axle nut.....you'll get the idea.

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
ok, first off... yes i searched and read about this....

i have a 99 civic. I am trying to replace my OEM wheel studs with ARP ones. The ARP studs are quite a bit longer than the OEM ones. Now on to my problem...

with the front....
I took the wheel, brakes off.

When i knock the OEM studs out THEY HIT THE HUB! So there is NO way to take them out! anybody know how to get them out?????

The rear......
I took the front cover off, even took the brakes apart.

I was able to take knock the OEM studs out but where the ARP studs are longer i am not able to work them in behind the hub and slide them into the small hole for the studs.

I'm lost on this. I REALY don't want to have to pay a shop to do this.

All input is appreciated!
I just did this the other day when i put my new wheels on. I went by the tutorial below for the front, and it went perfectly.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=907985&page=1

i read that diy, very good, but where can i get one of those hub removers?
You can buy one at autozone, or you can rent it. I rented mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.