Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my gf has a 98 civic hx...she hasnt had an alignment in 2 years but still is good and hasnt had them balanced since. the question is if from a dead stop i give it full throttle the car like makes this jerk noise and then goes. i figured well i thinkt hese old 13" steelies i had were balanced so i put them on and i give it full throttle and it felt liek the car started hopping. there is no way in hell this badboy has the torque to pull this off does it? any ideas guys. thanks

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,249 Posts
wheelhop, the best way to destroy a tranny.

Spider gears crack into pieces, then the shrapnel destroys the insudes of the tranny.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
new bushings, suspension, motor mounts, traction bars...these are the things to keep your car from wheel hoping, but for the time being do your best not to wheel hop the car.

Trans - how long can the spider gears take wheel hop before they start craking and shatter? my car has the same problem, and until i get the money to get a few things replaced the car wheel hops REALLY easy is wet weather (i'm assuming that this is due to bad struts).

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
On my car, the bad hop was caused by a torn lower left front motor mount. If you look at it, its just thin rubber that gets old and doesn't have to crack far to tear. I opted for inserts because I didn't want to spend the buxx for a new mount that could do the same thing in another 5 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts