Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed oil pressure gauge and was wondering if it reads correct. lol
I get like 70 when cold, 30 at idle (warm), and 80-90 when i hit the pedal. I read somewhere that oil changes whenever rpm changes but when i press pedal on mine it jums to 80. Whenever i floor it it goes up to 90. Does that seem correct? could it be the bubles that formed during the install.
thanks guys

·
Registered
610 Posts
If your oil pressure jumps up to 80 before your rpm's starts to rise then theres something wrong. The oil pump is driven by the crankshaft and doesnt give a damn about anything else than the rpm's its spinning at.

Otherwise your oil pressure reading seems fine, maybe a bit higher than normal. You get different readings depending on the viscosity (is that a word? :p ) of the oil, so if your running a thick oil it sounds normal to me.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
my pressure is at about 10psi at idle and my pressure when cruisin around is normally close to my rpms. 5000 rpms its around 50psi, 2500 rpms, its close to 25psi.

·
Registered
501 Posts
my motor was rebuilt 900 miles ago. I get about 100 psi at cold idle...yes 100...when i floor it i get about 85-90 with it being warm.

during warm idle im at around 17-20 psi.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
At warm idle my oil pressure is at 20-25 psi. On cold starts it at 85-90 psi. Don't know how many psi at full throttle since I haven't took my y8 that far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts