Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rarely use FB anymore. I logged in with a VPN a while back and went to post an ad looking for a cable trans and they froze my account. Since then, I haven't even used it. Mainly due to their policies. I've only kept the account to have access to the Marketplace. This was exactly why I was against people moving things to a parent platform.

Since most people have Facebook pages for their business or product (bad idea), I haven't checked out this Tune With Snake stuff...but I've been seeing it mentioned here and there. It seems most of the important information is on Facebook.

Someone want to give me the scoop on Snake Tuning? Who's running it? What makes it different than anything else? Etc.? Has anyone here used it?

I saw a similar post on Honda-Tech when searching. But I don't feel like sifting through half-ass information, baseless opinions and sh*thead answers.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,347 Posts
I actually think they may have copied the demon a little too closely. Their website is pulled down and their YouTube videos are gone. Seems a little suspicious to me. I had been reading up on them, but it seemed like a copied device when I was looking at it before. Several emulators have come out in the past 2-3 years. We all know about the Demon from Moates because its been on the market for years, but the Cobra RTP came out, the Snake(which looks defunct and has less features than most), BMulator, ECU Tamer by Honda Rulz, Hondavert, and there are even S300 V3 clones on Ebay.

But back on target, Seth Church had some videos out on how to use the Snake EMU with HTS. If you're looking for emulation, maybe talk to Jake Monk about a Cobra RTP. Unless you just don't like the Cobra. He sells them.

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm good. Thanks for the leads, though. If I'm going to go that route, I'd probably go with Moates. I've had zero issues with my Ostrich.. and being NA, I've had no reason to go with anything with more features or more expensive.

I was just curious as to who they were and what they were offering. And since I wouldn't log into FB to check out their page, I couldn't see that it was pulled. Very strange considering how new it is. That's a short time to go up WITH product and then go back down.

It sounds like they were re-branding a cloned product. Which is as simple as putting in an order to Sticker Guy and then getting to work. Hah.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Talked with one of the reps, very helpful but I didn't totally trust it and went with demon and neptune

1 - 4 of 4 Posts