Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Civic Sedan D16Y7
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous thread never actually posted, so trying again...

Hey guys, been browsing the forums for a few days trying to find an answer to my idle issues on my d16y7. I figured I would register an account and come say hi.

In case anyone's interested about the idle issue it all started when I performed this repair on my '99 sedan civic : (cant post links so google Honda Bulletin 99-029)

Basically I had three codes, P0501 (Vehicle Speed Sensor), P0135 and P0141 which are both Oxygen Sensor codes. As the bulletin suggested it was my engine harness rubbing on the intake manifold bracket.

Unfortunately I do not have access to a lift so instead of doing from under the car like the bulletin says, I had to do it from the top which meant removing the intake manifold and all the other stuff that was in my way like rail fuel etc.

I then repaired the wires, re-insulated them and put corrugated tubing over it all. Then came the time to put it all back together. CEL light is not off BUT

The idle is acting up... When cold starting the car it'll hang around 2k then as temp gets normal it'll sit at 1500. Sometimes at a red light it'll go down to 1100. Sometimes it'll go up and down a bit like from 1100 to 1500 then back to 1100.

I'm thinking I must've forgotten to plug something back or the IACV is acting up but prior to the repair it was perfectly fine, idling at 750 all the time except for cold starts.

That was a long writeup, I apologize! so any input would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
99 Civic Sedan D16Y7
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not sure why I can't edit the OP but my CEL light is OFF since the repair, meant to type now off but it ended up being not off, whoopsie

·
Registered
99 Civic Sedan D16Y7
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you bleed the coolant thoroughly?
Yes I have. Here's an update: the problem is now fixed. This morning when driving the SO to work the CEL turned back on and the engine started acting up a bit when releas the gas pedal while in gear. Went back home, checked the code, it was the good ol' P0505 pointing to the IACV. But it turns out the valve is fine. While checking for vacuum leaks I found this guy unplugged. Plugged it back in and voila, idle's back to normal. Erased the code and so far it hasn't come back.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,046 Posts
your first thread did post, it just needed moderated......it has since been deleted

·
Registered
0 Posts
Your talking about the vacuum line for your cruise control correct? The other line in the circle is the fuel return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts