Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Tad said:
Well simple Q,
d15's get alot of flack for having weak rods...

but there are so many different types of d15/16 out there,

whats got the toughest rods, pistons, etc to handle some boost?
I've heard that the D15's have strong blocks. Now as for having weak rods you are correct. What you can do is..... Go to your local junk yards or look online for Stock LS rods. You can upgrade the D15 Rods and install B18A rods. They are much stronger and will fit.

·
CRX KING
1,732 Posts
Juddi702 said:
Tad said:
Well simple Q,
d15's get alot of flack for having weak rods...

but there are so many different types of d15/16 out there,

whats got the toughest rods, pistons, etc to handle some boost?
I've heard that the D15's have strong blocks. Now as for having weak rods you are correct. What you can do is..... Go to your local junk yards or look online for Stock LS rods. You can upgrade the D15 Rods and install B18A rods. They are much stronger and will fit.
Where the hell do you get your misinformation from? Don't answer shit by repeating shit you heard from a friend of a friend..... Look at the rod journals, look at the rod lenght, look at the wristpin.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
when any posts starts off "I've heard"........99% of the time it is total bullcrap.

Juddi702 gets........

J

·
0 Posts
Actually. IT has been done. On my friend Alex's SOHC D16Y in his Turbo SOHC. Works great. I will post pictures and tech info on it as soon as I get off my lazy ass and go to his D-series factory garage.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Crower sells rods for the D15 at a steep price of $600. Eagle makes rods for the D16 for $300 but NADDA for a D15 :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bizzar said:
Crower sells rods for the D15 at a steep price of $600. Eagle makes rods for the D16 for $300 but NADDA for a D15 :(
If you want good Eagle 4340 steel h-beam rods for the d15 for around $350(what i paid)You can get them at ARI (Auto Race Industries).561-840-1878 www.autoraceparts.com . The part number is crs5276h3d.Hope this helps you out :wink:

W

·
0 Posts
can you use ls rods in a d16a6 if so how much horsey can they hold before they snap?

W

·
0 Posts
can you use ls rods in a d16a6 if so how much horsey can they hold before they snap?

S

·
0 Posts
It's been advertised that the ls rods are good to 300hp, but I don't think the modifications needed to make them fit in the D16 is worth it. Eagle is the cost effective way to go IMO.
If I had to build the ultimate D16, I'd go A6 block, Z6 head, and a y8 Intake manifold. :wink:

O

·
0 Posts
i woudl say the d16y motors in stock forum are pretty stouf blocks and bottom ends. they can take up to about 250 wheel pwoer with proepr tuning and 14 lbs of boost (not all the time).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts