Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and looked at every post in trans tech. Nothing telling how to do this. How exactly do I do it?? Don't have a manual yet so I can't look it up; just got the car.

Ryan

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
what we have done in the past is this. have someone in the car to pump the clutch. fill resivour with fluid. then at the open the bleed valve and put a plastic bottle there to catch fluid. pump clutch while adding fluid until you bleed all the air out of it. really not that hard, just easier with 2 people.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Same as bleeding brakes. one person pumps and holds pedal down, then open bleeder screw, then close, then let off pedal. Repeat as much as you need.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
if you get one of those bleeder cups (with the tube coming out), then you can do it by yourself. They're designed so no air will go back into the lines when you're not pumping. So you only have to close the bleeder screw when you're done.

Cheap, cheap, cheap at any parts store.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
whose gonna open the bleeder??????

Two people needed to bleed the clutch system. I've done it my self, only took a hour!

Hint: Traffic cone to hold the clutch pedal down after pumping...........

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
hahaha... i've got a 2x4 that's precisely the right length to wedge between my seat and the pedals. It stays in my trunk at all times... super useful as a tire stop, something to bash parts with (so I don't break anything), and as a soft spacer on the tire jack under the oil pan when I need to take off the engine mounts :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:smile:
makku said:
if you get one of those bleeder cups (with the tube coming out), then you can do it by yourself. They're designed so no air will go back into the lines when you're not pumping. So you only have to close the bleeder screw when you're done.

Cheap, cheap, cheap at any parts store.
Just last weekend me and my friend were gonna bleed his friends brakes...went to autozone looking for a cheap bleeder just for the hell of it..found this kit..contained a small bottle and some hose and a nipple to go into the bleed screw onces cracked opened...bottle had magnet so you could put it above the bleed screw..I got in..he cracked bleeder and stuck hose over and before I even hit the brake pedal air bubbles started coming out and into the hose..I then pumped it..after it was all said and done the owner of the car said his brake pedal has never felt that good. Should work with clutch to :smile: ...the kit was like 8 bucks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts