Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i drive 99 civic coupe ils, it has a d16y7 engine, just wondering whats the best turbo kit i can get?? and most reliable?

thanx

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
IMO the one you put together yourself is the best but the Greddy kit SEEMS to be the most popular.

·
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
HMT all the way...Cheaper and you will actually get the parts you want and make more power for your dollar.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
hey guys i drive 99 civic coupe ils, it has a d16y7 engine, just wondering whats the best turbo kit i can get?? and most reliable?
imho, none. as most name brand places don't make a kit for the y7

now if you convert over to a "left facing" IM... then i would have to go with the edelbrock kit, but thats as far as kits are concerned.

but an HMT kit is going to be the best bet. and the reliability of the kit is up to the end user. if you beat on the car daily, don't be surprised if the car breaks ;).

btw: i am not trying to be mean, just have had a "few", so i am being picky. and i have a boosted y7 :TU:.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
greddy kits are poop. theyre way overpriced, turbos are undersized, and piss poor fuel management. if you do some research you can make a homemade kit that would be far superior to the greddy kit for less money.

·
11,892 Posts
greddy kits are poop. theyre way overpriced, turbos are undersized, and piss poor fuel management. if you do some research you can make a homemade kit that would be far superior to the greddy kit for less money.
Agreed..there are free solutions that are better than the "blue box".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts