Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
robtec said:
yep i know,but i want to know what are the best pre fab kit :wink:
Ahh, well you did not specify. :wink:

If I bought a prefab kit the only thing I would care about is what turbo it comes with.

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
810 Posts
What does Edelbrock claim there new d kit puts to the wheels? I was watching something on the Speed Network where Vic Edelbrock was being interviewed at the last SEMA show and said around 250whp, but he didn't say if it was z6 or y8...

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
810 Posts
Cops and BAR officials scare me, so I'd go with the Greddy kit. I live in Cali, and aren't the Greddy kits the only CARB-legal ones? If so, they are also the most powerful street-legal kits too. :wink:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dr.Boost said:
I didn't see the option I was looking for so I didn't vote. :?
what was your option??
[/quote]edelbrock comes with a t28 ball bearing ? right ...

that would be my choice
the edelbrock is not the only kit with a ball bearing turbo,apex'i also comes with one,in my opinion the turbonetics is more complete than the edelbrock kit,and it retail for a litle less

B

·
0 Posts
The Edelbrock information that is out regards the Y8 kit (176whp). The Z6 kit has yet to be introduced. The Y8 kit is CARB certified for California. Now I f you want more HP look at there Open Track Kit (Does not come with the electronics) it is the same hardware as there street legal Performer X system. The Performer X is set at approximately 6psi. The open track kit dyno tested at 250whp with 20psi of boost.

If you don't have a problem with CARB and warranty is optional the Performer X can be easily adjusted by the owner (wrench) to your required psi

www.Edelbrock.com

B

·
0 Posts
robtec said:
Dr.Boost said:
I didn't see the option I was looking for so I didn't vote. :?
what was your option??
I am guessing custom kit. Oh and I didn't vote either because I didn't see my option. :wink:

Mysterious Bob said:
The open track kit dyno tested at 250whp with 20psi of boost.
That can't be right... if so that's fucking weak! They need to run hondata and have somebody tune it that know what there doing.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't care what turbo you're running, if you're not throwing down 300+hp with that much boost something is wrong. :shock:

A

·
0 Posts
From all the research I have done, the Edelbrock is the most complete and easiest to install of the prefab kits. With a custom kit you can make more power and reliability for cheap if you do it right, but it takes more time to put it on your car than the pre fab kits. I say if you don't want to run too much boost and want easy installation, get a pre fab kit. If you are looking for lots of power and want to make things yourself, do a custom.

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
Aaronlee97 said:
From all the research I have done, the Edelbrock is the most complete and easiest to install of the prefab kits. With a custom kit you can make more power and reliability for cheap if you do it right, but it takes more time to put it on your car than the pre fab kits. I say if you don't want to run too much boost and want easy installation, get a pre fab kit. If you are looking for lots of power and want to make things yourself, do a custom.
your avi scares me :cry:

B

·
0 Posts
Currently Edelbrock does not make a prefab kit for the second generation CRX. In talking with them, if enough people request this option, it may get into production.

Contact Edelbrock and inquire about the likely-hood that something is in the works for the near future. I would like to see the open track kit be produced, were one can use there own electronics and set the boost level to their own desire.

Lets see if we Honda owners can get something done, contact Edelbrock today and put them to task here.

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.