well here is the deal i have a

d16y7 motor (was auto)

so far i have

94 si manual tranny swap
fidanza 7lb flywheel
exedy stage one clutch kit
y8 intake manifold
H/I/E

now i want to get the most out of my d16 but little by little i dont want to spend money on stupid stuff so i was thinking whats next??

Mini me?
Bigger Injectors? (im Using y7 injectors)
cams+Cam gears?

i think im pretty much thinking about getting a vtec head first buy cams and cam gears and install it while the head is out of the motor

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
you wanna go N/A or turbo? either way ditch that flywheel its to light. Id say go with cam and tune plus 240cc injectors

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
theres actually a few Y7 cams in the FS section here

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just did the swap and the flywheel is going to stay is like is too late for that lol maybe in the future when i get more power and i need a new clutch i will change the flywheel

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
just go to xenocron.com, they are a sponsor here, but check out the FS section for the harnesses. I know theres quite a few for sale. IF your going turbo, your stock cam will work, but you also can look into a Bisi 1.5 turbo cam, but plan ahead, if you cant go turbo right away than wait to do the cam and what not, it will hurt you until you turbo it

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
you mean xenocron or the harness? just look for an old ECU in the FS section or somewhere else and either chip it yourself or just send them the ECU and have them chip it

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what could it be? i had a y7 intake manifold before and the rpms limits was the same so i was like well maybe after i swap my manifold it will go up, but nop stay the same, im having idle problems do u think that can be the cause?

·
Registered
402 Posts
what kind of idle problems are you having? i mean i just read your thread on the Y8 IM swap so that should change assuming you put the MAP sensor and TPS right and get all ur hoses squared, but 85-90MPH?...and at 5500RPM thats NOTHING for what that engine can handle.

I am running a Y7 auto with Y7 short ram Intake (remanufactured from the Y7 mani cut and turned to fit the Y8 IM) still using the 190 CC injectors, obviously y8 IM, 4-2-1 Megan header, and 2.25" exahust with a 2.25" outlet (damn cops) and i have topped out on level ground at 115 MPH with a total trunk weight of about 50-60 pounds if not mroe tahts a guesstiamte (subs and amp, spare, and my tools/jumper cables and spare oil)

when i first started i topped it out at 100 MPH stock. so yeah something has to be wrong and my car redlines at 6700 i believe (well at least what the tach says, but you know honda tachs arent always exact)

so yeah other then that their maybe something else wrong with the engine or tranny

·
Registered
402 Posts
yeah that might do it, so ur saying ur car idles at 3.5 rpms?..im confused. my car idles after being warm at abuot 500 from what i c. ur dile doesnt fluctuate at idle right?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
when i connect the aicv plug the 2-wire plug my car idles like crazy from 3.5krpms and them go damn to like 1krpms but when i disconnect the aicv plug cars idle from 1k to 2k i will upload a video pretty soon!

·
Registered
233 Posts
oh hell yea dude with an idle jumping like that it has to be a vaccum leak like a mofo. get that fixed up right (plug those holes) and get back at me and let me know what happens. oh yea and as a precausion disconect the battery for like 15min and let the computer reset itself once your finished

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea i always disconnect the battery before starting any work my car almost caught on fire when i was doing the auto to manual swap when i disconnect the cable from the starter all my grounds start going on fire that was not fun at all

1 - 20 of 28 Posts