Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have a stock D15B boosting 6psi. Do i need injectors, fuel pump, FPR, map sensor, etc... to run 6psi of boost or will the stock equipment be sufficient?

You don't need FPR, fuel pump or map sensor.

You might need injector's but might just get away with it, or fit a FPR and raise the FP very slightly.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
It depends do you want to do it the right way or the other way.
I would say get some injectors and a chipped ecu and get a good tune. FMU on stock injectors wears those puppies out and the fuel pump and map sensor are not needed right now either. Give yourself room to grow because once bitten by the bug you want more more more

·
Registered
566 Posts
Unless I build a new motor I'm staying at 6PSI. The chipping hardware is in the mail as we speak. I was just wondering about the fuel components. on the basemap with 180% turbo efficieny @~6PSI the injectors just barely get to around 93% load.
Try them, i think you'l be ok, you might need a little bit more fuel at the top in which case crimp the reg a little or buy a reg.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It will handle 6psi. A stock engine overall will handle 8psi safely. Anything above that and you really should do some modifications to it. Best of luck.
The bottom end will hold up to those kind of power levels, but not the stock fuel system :hammer:

I've read all the info and it's pretty vague, I just want to know if the stock fuel system can handle 6PSI. simple question. I know the map is good up to about 10PSI.

Its a Turbonetics T3/T4 TO4E-50 / Stage 2 .48 A/R product #11025
I'd like to know who even burned you a map for stock injectors and a 50trim...

You don't need FPR, fuel pump or map sensor.

You might need injector's but might just get away with it, or fit a FPR and raise the FP very slightly.
wow.... stop giving advice (unless you know what you are talking about) before NeonPinHead blows his motor and then wants to blame D-S for mis-information...

listen to singlecizam and search; ALL of this info has been covered a thousand times over VERY CLEARLY

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
The bottom end will hold up to those kind of power levels, but not the stock fuel system :hammer:

I'd like to know who even burned you a map for stock injectors and a 50trim...

wow.... stop giving advice (unless you know what you are talking about) before NeonPinHead blows his motor and then wants to blame D-S for mis-information...

listen to singlecizam and search; ALL of this info has been covered a thousand times over VERY CLEARLY
i luv you bro :thehump:

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
6psi is not enough for stock injectors, unless its an 8-valve d15B1 motor. 6psi on my 50trim straight-T3 maxed out the 240cc injectors, putting it right at 160whp. That said, the stock injectors are only good for ~160whp for boost, and the stock fuel pump will be hard-pressed to get you to 200whp.

A bit of advice - get a smaller turbo! A 60trim T3 will make the same HP with a little more boost than the 50trim T3/T04E at 6psi. The main benifit will be throttle response and spool time, you'll get over 1000rpm of powerband with the turbo spooling faster. FYI its not PSI that will blow your motor, its the HP and how agressive the timing is set to (assuming you have enough fuel).

Cliffs:Smaller turbo, more boost
bigger injectors (dsm 450cc's minimum)
chipped ecu for hondata/neptune/crome/etc
DOHC VTEC fuel pump (139lph vs 79lph stock) or better
DON'T trust that basemap - have a wideband ready to add more fuel if needed

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
when i said the stock MAP was good for ~10PSI I was referring to the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. So get off that already.
so then say 'MAP SENSOR' Just cuz your map sensor can read that high doesn't mean that your motor was in any way/shape/form designed for it...

BTW: i lol'd @ you trying to school ME after the questions you've already asked... Listen to the more experienced guys on the site and you will go far

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'm no teacher. i was just correcting you. There's enough people on here with superiority complexes, all d-series needs is another fight over a misunderstanding. I was just asking if the stock fuel system would handle 6psi of boost, But i should just try it out and see. If worse comes to worse what's another blown D-series to add to the pile in the garage... short trip down to hmotors and about $500.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts