Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my car has been making a funny noise lately. Kinda like something's loose and knocking. It sounded like it was coming from the tranny so I changed the transmission fluid and its still there. Then I noticed it stops when the clutch is pushed in. I also checked the clutch fluid, its ok. So what do you think it is, and how much is it gonna cost me?

S

·
0 Posts
throw out bearing probably... as far as the knocking noise that is a first with a throw out bearing so now u go me like "WTF!"

·
Registered
344 Posts
Im going to go with the input shaft bearing. Is it kinda like a clicking noise and when you push the clutch in it will quickly slow and then stop? I have that problem.....

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I agree... input shaft bearing. If it's not too loud, you can drive on it for a little while, but eventually it will get worse... one day it will come apart, then your transmission will be screwed.

I drove on my bad ISB for about 1 month before I had a chance to replace it. Didn't change my driving habits either. (i like to floor it on the freeway)

·
Registered
344 Posts
makku said:
eventually it will get worse... one day it will come apart, then your transmission will be screwed.
Umm, theres a question i should have asked earlier. My isb has been making that noise for quite awhile and im getting an ex tranny soon, but ive been driving with it like that for a couple of months now. Im guessing its probably going to go soon... damnit more money i need to spend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts