Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, what's going on with the rods from either Belgium or from Fj Distributors? Anyone built and tested an engine with them yet? Are there any plans to mass produce either one?

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Believe me, there is NOT a lack of demand for these.

Someone just needs to start really cranking them out so people can actually buy them.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The demand is there but no one has done much about it. If I had the cash I'd get a prototype rolling along with getting the TBRIA out on the market. I don't know why it has taken so long for RC Autoworks to get a batch going. The rods they imported from Hungary have been in use for nearly three years now, so we know they work! I even have videos of of Lazlo drag racing his Civic at the Hungaroring and a few of his customers doing some hellacious burnouts.

I wonder if Bob still has a set he'd be willing to sell. I would buy at least two sets just for myself if they were available.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
rc bought leslies remaining inventory a few months ago....they sold out instantly....there is not a lack of demand....but fj has his prototypes done....and they have been sent to a few testers....cough..cough..danz..cough..cough

so pm the testers or send them donations to finish there cars, or hell harrass them a bit so they will stop messing with the other seven builds they have and finish the one alot of people are waiting on :D....lol jk

if your super interested the more bob at rc get emails/ pms the more likly it will make it to the top of his priority list.....he is here for the love of the game but the man needs to eat, and if he feels he will make some money, he'll get some more :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I highly doubt we will be seeing anything from Fj in the way of rods for the D15. It's already been four years since he started talking about making them and even if the ones being tested do work, I don't think it'll happen. It seems like ever since Francisco moved the company to the states he has lost interest in the aftermarket supply business. I think that Bob coming through with a forged rod would be our best hope.

Are you listening Bob?! You've got interested buyers waiting for you to make it happen buddy!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
fj already designed and produced some rods.....but he needs them tested before he will put them on the market....rod design in theory and on paper doesnt always work in the real world and he has his reputation on the line.....so needless to say they have to be tested first

exact reason leslie only said he knows his rods will withstand 300whp.....that the power level his car is at and thats where he KNOWS they are good to.....could they do more, probably, but he wont say yes for that very reason, and bob will tell you they have only been tested to ~300whp

whaaaaa did he say d15b2 vitara build...with fj rods? .....i think so

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/144012-vitara-d15b2-wagon-action-inside.html

i say the testers need to get to work

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
The only bad side about buying the rods is that we would have to inventory them that takes cash plain and simple people are reluctant to pay up front and have to wait for them to be made show up. Hell Lazlo has not even made a new batch of the rods yet so we are still waiting on them to come back into production. The more they move the more they will make. The demand is here I see that already but people are so god damn impatient and want everything now now now. Contact [email protected] Im sure they will get the ball rolling on these when the time comes. So put your money where you mouth is if you want em put up for em......

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
if someone wants to donate a clutch to me that will hold 350whp ill put the motor in the wagon.

i will also need 500+cc injectors and a bigger fuel pump. and an intercooler.

ill cover the rest.

or you can wait.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts