Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
he said 3grand +- 300 rpms. meaning anywhere from 2700 to 3300 rpm.

it also depends on what motor your running the turbo on.

-Luke

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
300 rpms. That is full boost at idle. Haha. You probablt meant 3000 rpms.
he meant full boost by 3000 rpm, give or take 300 rpm. So, he meant full boost anywhere from 2700 - 3300 rpm...........

if you have big exhaust or open downpipe, i would think you could get that thinkg spooled faster than 3k

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
yeah, if you floor it.

driving normal what rpm do you start to see boost? can you drive on the freeway and not be in boost?? What I've always been curious about is the ability to stay out of boost to get good mileage.

·
Registered
879 Posts
you can drive around forever and not hit boost. on my t3/t04e when I drive like normal anything under 1/2 throttle I go all day without hitting boost.

OT... I once had a redneck friend who told me that 4cyl turbos got worse milage than his 5.0 mustang with 4.10 gears. (insert redneck voice) "you know even when your crusin on the hi waay you will be boostin that sum bitch. thats why they don't last long neither, cause they are always in booost.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
yeah, if you floor it.

driving normal what rpm do you start to see boost? can you drive on the freeway and not be in boost?? What I've always been curious about is the ability to stay out of boost to get good mileage.
youll need to watch the boost/vacuum gauge to see where you car is in vacuum and at what rpm.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
you can drive around forever and not hit boost. on my t3/t04e when I drive like normal anything under 1/2 throttle I go all day without hitting boost.

OT... I once had a redneck friend who told me that 4cyl turbos got worse milage than his 5.0 mustang with 4.10 gears. (insert redneck voice) "you know even when your crusin on the hi waay you will be boostin that sum bitch. thats why they don't last long neither, cause they are always in booost.
lol, that's funny. That's I'm worried about with my small turbo. though I'm going to use stock exhaust and I opened the waste gate to lower boost. so my spool time is going to go way up.

·
Registered
901 Posts

rep for quoting a redneck!

·
cool title
1,698 Posts
lol, that's funny. That's I'm worried about with my small turbo. though I'm going to use stock exhaust and I opened the waste gate to lower boost. so my spool time is going to go way up.
you won't see boost unless you get on it, its not just rpm dependent, its also load. if you're just driving around part throttle (less than 1/2) your not going to see boost at all.

·
Registered
353 Posts
well think about....what makes a turbo spool? EXHAUST! so you only see boost when you're kicking enough exhaust aka over 50% throttle around 3k rpms.

and yeah I'm not in boost when cruisin on the express way, but alls you have to do is give it a little more throttle and it spools right up. Makes for fun when you've got some idiot thinkin he's gonna pass you in his "sweet" cobalt SS or mustang or whatever the situation may be. Turbo CRX FTW!!

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
i think on my 14b/y8 setup with 2.5 inch full exhaust i saw full boost (running 8psi) @ 3700? i could be wrong but i though thats what it was? the motor did have a shit ton of miles on it though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts