Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a test on my eg coupe being a daily and I'm getting 34.2 combined mpg out of her. What's everyone else getting?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
I was getting AVG 37.8 MPG with my 2005 EX civic. Car is sold now.

My 2007 Toyota Matrix gets 35 MPG AVG. Not bad considering it weighs more and has a bigger engine and the gearing is not that great.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,292 Posts
full to empty, I went 213 miles.....95 civic ex.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using shell 93 octane and marvel mystery oil right now when this tank is done I'm going to do 87 and see if it changes. I also and going to be doing a full exhaust soon so that should help out too

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
I average close to 40 mpg when I'm off boost in my '93 dx hatch.

full to empty, I went 213 miles.....95 civic ex.
Ouch!

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
FACT: Using higher octane than your motor requires is a waste of money and can be bad for your valves. If you don't get any pinging or knocking from 87 then use it, mileage may even be better, higher octane fuel takes longer to burn off completely and can leave deposits on your valves because of this.

Damn Slo only 213 from full to empty? That's like 25 MPG at best I bet! Fix that thing!

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
High 35-40 MPG city/highway driving. 16.5 MPG on the track.

Reactions: transzex

·
5,292 Posts
FACT: Using higher octane than your motor requires is a waste of money and can be bad for your valves. If you don't get any pinging or knocking from 87 then use it, mileage may even be better, higher octane fuel takes longer to burn off completely and can leave deposits on your valves because of this.

Damn Slo only 213 from full to empty? That's like 25 MPG at best I bet! Fix that thing!
17.75 to be exact

I average close to 40 mpg when I'm off boost in my '93 dx hatch.

Ouch!
yeah, I tend to be a little heavy footed on the interstate. on ramps, I go 5k 1st through 3rd. by 4th Im at 100 or so and drop to 5th and hold around 85mph.

BUT!!! I haven't drove in like a week, so I still have a full tank lol. fill ups usually last me 2-3 weeks ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I get anywhere from 27-33 MPG, about 70% city driving, 1990 Civic DX HB w/ B18C1.

I would get better if I didn't get my daily dose of VTEC (some days more than others), but who doesn't like hearing a woman scream up to climax.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,745 Posts
I haven't figure out hiw to get below 40 mpg in the CRX, even after spending a day at the drag strip. Hammer down on 1100 mile trip to Atlanta, 41 mpg. Take it easy and stay at 65-70 mph and I get an easy 45 mpg.

89 CRX HF with A6/Y8 combo untuned, close ratio transmission, without trying

My old EG DX HB got a best of 53 mpg on "boat gas" zero ethanol, including three dyno pulls, and would get 48 mpg on pump E10.....

It might be the driver:)

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
24-28mpg 97 dx auto

no o2 sensors hooked up, and I suspect poorly performing MAP and TPS sensors.

I expect closer to 35mpg when that stuff is fixed

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
17.75 to be exact

yeah, I tend to be a little heavy footed on the interstate. on ramps, I go 5k 1st through 3rd. by 4th Im at 100 or so and drop to 5th and hold around 85mph.

BUT!!! I haven't drove in like a week, so I still have a full tank lol. fill ups usually last me 2-3 weeks ;)
This is how I drove my 05 civic. Still got 35mpg on the worst of tanks. Except my fillups were every 2 days (120 miles a day).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't realize that it's bad for the valves. I was just trying to put the best stuff in her. Do those fuel additives (i.e. Marvel mystery oil, Lucas, etc) actually help or are they just snake oil?

·
5,292 Posts
This is how I drove my 05 civic. Still got 35mpg on the worst of tanks. Except my fillups were every 2 days (120 miles a day).
well, I do have a tps issue and at times smell fuel. not too worried about it until I do my build....whenever that is

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
well, I do have a tps issue and at times smell fuel. not too worried about it until I do my build....whenever that is
you are calculating entire tank.

subtract 3.5 gallons from your total, you will never be able to drain the tank via the pump.

210-225 is what I get per tank.

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
I usually see 32mpg, mainly highway
But that's turbed 1.6L and boost coming on @2.5k
215-250 per tank

Better atomizing injectors will help most people see the better mpg (after a good tune!)

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
I believe it was SPAdam that did some tests & figured a 5% improvement on MPG just by swapping in a set of IN400 injectors. I can't recall his exact setup, but he had the previous injectors dial in too.

My obd1'd 4dr EF (d15b2, z6 IM) maxed at 43mpg on one tank, but normally high 30's. My H23A Teg maxed out at 38mpg on one tank (long trip), usually 32-34mpg. Similar driving with stock B18B (ecu, injectors, etc) was 30-32. The Del Sol got 30-32mpg with both the stock b16a3 and f22b2. My turbo D16's managed 22-30mpg, they varied greatly because some weeks I'd putt around and others I'd redline it all day long.

My MPG estimates come from adding up the miles over several refills then dividing by the volume added to the tank. I write the odometer on each receipt. The 38mpg H23A trip was 380 miles & 10.01 gallons, topped off at the same station & pump before and after.

I didn't realize that it's bad for the valves. I was just trying to put the best stuff in her. Do those fuel additives (i.e. Marvel mystery oil, Lucas, etc) actually help or are they just snake oil?
Mostly snake oil, but can help if your injectors are 5+ yrs old. It's not a bad idea to use a bottle once ever other year. I recommend Techron.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts