Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im nearing the end of my parts list and im wondering what or why would be better for my build. A 38MM WG or a 44MM WG?

ill be running the Goautoworks AC ramhorn manifold but i need to decide on WG flange too. does it matter what size or is there a reason for it?

thanks for the help

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
larger WG can re-route more gas to control boost better. this is only necessary if you are trying to run low boost

a 38mm will work for 99% of everyone on a properly designed manifold

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
larger WG can re-route more gas to control boost better. this is only necessary if you are trying to run low boost

a 38mm will work for 99% of everyone on a properly designed manifold
ok so since im shooting for 400whp and my boost will be around 20-30psi a 38 will work fine then correct?

man i thought this was a boobie thread
lol funny.

sorry for the disappointment

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
yes 38mm is the most widely used wastegate around.. like dan said, the bigger the wastegate= the better the flow which means it will control boost better, which is intended for lower boosted setups.

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you going to do boost by gear at all ? If the lowest boost you will see is 20psi, 38mm will be just fine.
that would be cool but not in the plans right now. just trying to get what little i have left to get my vitara build in and running.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
could always do a dual 38 f you have issues down the road

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
^Haha, that was exactly what I was thinking of doing. Dual 38mm wastegate or just a single 44mm wastegate. I should of never sold my other tial 38mm wastegate.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

hotrexs' fail back in the day

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
that wasnt back in the day, thats the HOMO that he just recently blew up isnt it?
lol

doesnt matter, bact to OP

1 - 20 of 25 Posts