Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short, my car got vandalized and getting written off, swapped old motor in. coincidentally someone was looking for a built engine swap for a civic and wants to buy mine.

I spent approx. 3k on it; it has supertech forged 75.5mm 10.5:1 pistons, scat H beam rods arp 2000 rod bolts, clevite main and rod bearings, honda thrust washer bearings, cometic 30 thou thick headgasket, head rebuilt milled 88 thou to bring compression to 10.5:1, new guides trimmed, oversized supertech valves, ported polished head and manifolds, colt cam tri flow II cams, supertech valve seals, gates timing belt, aem b series cam gears, arp head studs, hondata IM gasket, tuned on hondata s300 with 94 octane

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Sell it for what you paid. The reason being. You did all that work so it should be treated as such.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Unfortunately, built blocks don't return much money AND it is a ZC. Nearly no one wants them. You would have better results parting out the actual bits.

It's a shame, too, because it sounds like a really well done engine.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately, built blocks don't return much money AND it is a ZC. Nearly no one wants them. You would have better results parting out the actual bits.

It's a shame, too, because it sounds like a really well done engine.
fortunately i know a couple people who might want to buy it, but I have one serious buyer right now. i probably could do that with the bottom end and cams but i'd rather sell it as a whole with the ecu and all.

Are they buying the whole swap ECU/harness and all?
yeah, everything except clutch, flywheel, trans, and axles, i had to put that with my old motor into the car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts