Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Same
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for branspankin new un used d16z6 block sleeved or unsleeved
whats a good site to find such a thing....i see alot of peoples build threads pull fresh blocks right out of the plastic and keep wundering where the hell people get this shit.

also same goes for the head

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
The blocks people post pics of that are in plastic have just come from the machine shop. A brand spanking unused block is like $1,300+ (been a while since I looked so that may not be 100% right but they aren't cheap).

edit: Looking at majestic now for an ED7 and they don't even have the price for the block listed anymore so idk if you could even get one. A new A6 head is $877.

·
Registered
Same
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive been debating on if i really wanna mess with the z6 out in the driveway.....the one you saw john.

new is out the question then. how much did you spend sending yours to the machine shop? and my dumb ass promised the head to a freind thinking i was gonna go in a different ...ls direction

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
ive been debating on if i really wanna mess with the z6 out in the driveway.....the one you saw john.

new is out the question then. how much did you spend sending yours to the machine shop? and my dumb ass promised the head to a freind thinking i was gonna go in a different ...ls direction
To have the block/head hot tanked, rehone the cylinders and alittle mill to the head should be around $250 +/- depending on the shop

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
shit thats good was yours semi local or sent off
Mine was $300 total including some stuff done to the head.

What's the deal with the Z6?

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
even if your block is in bad condition. get another used one and rebuild that. bore and go to over sized for the ultimate, o and honda bearings.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
my motor is in a 96 coupe, fully gutted, drag only car 2216lbs

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Engine, Complete - Remfd
Image not available.

Part: ATK 533
Product Line: Propowr Remanufactured Engines
This part can only be purchased from your local NAPA Auto Parts store.
Warranty
Warranty information is unavailable.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
There is no MSDS for this item
Application Information: 1993 Honda Civic Del Sol
Engines : 1.6 L 1590 CC L4 VTEC SOHC 16 Valve
Submodel : Si
Comments: w/ Engine Code D16Z6
Per Car Qty: 1

i know its a reman, but lol, how funny is that. napa?? lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts