Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i get my crank knife edged or not....which pistons & rods you recomend for my build..which turbo and turbo manifold works best ....

·
Registered
461 Posts
You should be able to find most of your information here

It's hard for us to recommend how to build your car, i just suggest you read and find out what will give you your goals. I don't know much about knife edging, but i hear it weakens the crank.

If you have a D15, forget about buying rods, they're stupid expensive, if you have a D16, Tuner Toys has cheap rods, as does Eagle, i'd personally go Eagle, they've been around. If you want to keep it around 300whp, go with Suzuki Vitara replacement pistons from FJT on these boards.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
im going to be runin a d16a6 with a y7 head and i plan 2 get h beams from eagle but im concerned about the weight of them...and suzuki pistons???i never heard that how will they help my build are they stronger....well im hoping to hit at least 270 HP....if i can.....no budget im willing 2 spend enough...also what kind of injectors do i need for that power range..and which turbo you think is good also 2 make that power will my stock sleeves handle 270 or so or do i need sleaves...and what is a FMU????do i need 1 for turbo??

THANKS for the help!!!!EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
hey hector i just noticed that your from AZ :TU: welcome to D-series :)
270hp well in my opinion you should...
get some TT H-beams some sort of an aftermarket piston
Post your block
some 450dsms
T3T4 turbo with about a 60~70ish A/R
get your ECU chipped (might have to talk to locash)
and then head down to Locash racing to get it tuned

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hector Lopez said:
im going to be runin a d16a6 with a y7 head and i plan 2 get h beams from eagle but im concerned about the weight of them...and suzuki pistons???i never heard that how will they help my build are they stronger....well im hoping to hit at least 270 HP....if i can.....no budget im willing 2 spend enough...also what kind of injectors do i need for that power range..and which turbo you think is good also 2 make that power will my stock sleeves handle 270 or so or do i need sleaves...and what is a FMU????do i need 1 for turbo??

THANKS for the help!!!!EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
No offense to you at all, but from reading your posts i think you still have alot more reasearch to do before you even think about building a forced induction car.

But anyways. If you are only looking for 270hp to the crank, go with Tuner Toyz rods( pretty close to eagles for 100 bucks less). Suzuki Vitara pistons. I really wouldnt worry about knife edging the crank unless you have alot of money to dump on one thing. i would take the money from that and spend it on upgrading your drivetrain. For injectors, you can go the cheap but effective route and get DSM 450's and a resistor box or just go with some RC's 440's. Stock sleeves will hold just fine. If you want a little added strength for cheap, look into block posting. http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/block_posting/

An FMU is a Rising Rate Regulator, which means it will raise your fuel pressure a given amount per psi of boost. So if its a 12:1 fmu it will at 12psi of fuel for every 1psi of boost it see's. 10:1 it will at 10psi of fuel/psi of boost. ect.

Stay away from the fmu and look around for a chipped ecu. You will be alot happier and your motor will be alot safer!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts