Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a seller from the states selling a turbo kit for the EK's

i messaged him regarding if he would sell just the inter cooler and the pipes from the intake to the intercooler to the turbo and he said $350

is this a good price for the pipes and intercooler and has anyone purchased of this seller before and whats the quality like before i go ahead,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220782266592&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

i want to make my own kit by buying separate parts and going ahead for a garret turbo for next year.

hoping for a d16z6 EK 2000

your help will he appreciated,

·
Registered
841 Posts
way over priced for ebay shit, exspecially for that prduct..dont be a fool

You can get intercooler kits off ebay for like 150$ shipped, if not alittle higher or alittle lower

Check out go-autoworks..he has some good deals on piping and FMIC's

·
Registered
Civic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going for the d16z6. have you got a web link for the go autoworks? also where are they based? ive ust checked the currency and $350 doller costs just over £220

im hoping that i wont get charged import tax lol

·
Registered
841 Posts
Buy the complete eBay kit then sell the turbo alone for about $75-100.
Yea thats a waste of money...

The guy is asking that much just for the intercooler and the piping alone, why waste that much on a shitty kit just to sell the turd of a turbo?

major loss in profit if you think about it..

·
Registered
1999 Civic hatch
988 Posts
I dont think its a shitty kit. Comes with T clamps, silicone couplers, aluminum radiator etc. I might even pick up that kit when I boost again. You cant beat the $700 SHIPPED hes asking for. Oh and OP wants a diifferent turbo.

·
Registered
Civic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
im looking to go for the garrett T28 turbo

and this is the manifold im hoping to get

CAST Stainless TURBO MANIFOLD Honda D CIVIC D16 D15 | eBay UK

seems like a strong manifold lol and will last for some time

this is the reply i got from the seller thats selling me the pipe work.
it would not require any modifications, and is a direct bolt on piping. The piping uses SSQV blow off valve, and it comes with silicone couplers.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
That manifold is for a t3 turbo? Is so you need an adapter plate so it will fit the t28 your wanting. If you can weld or have exhuast places around there . You can have them bend the pipes for you so that you only need to order/buy a few couplers.

I know how the importing stuff works and it sucks. That's y I don't ship outside the usa shiping price becomes higher then item. So best for you is to find as much as you can in you area

Didnt know they made staineless steel log manifolds. Id like to see how it performs.
Same as castiron just cast stainless and polished after.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Its all in who makes it, stuff on there is a hit or miss

With it being cast though you shouldnt have a problem..any other mani on there i wouldnt drop a dime into unless it was cast.

And darkcreep you have fun with that kit..let me know how it works out for you..you'll end up spending more money on shit that doesnt fit or is just a straight POS..Yea sounds like a awsome deal but it tends to bite you in the ass

save that 700$ and do your self a favor and put it towards peicing your own kit togther..Just think you can basically peice your own kit (name brand) for 1100-1500..budget were talking and still have quality parts..save another 700 and there you go you got a quality peiced together kit

Just saying...

·
Registered
Civic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the feedback on the mani guys,. will be checking my funds and hopefully going for that cast manifold :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts