Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im currently running a stock d16y8 with a small t3 on it and i dont really like it but it does its job i guess. i have a block in my garage that i am waiting to get sleeved and then pistons rods etc. the turbo is def. capable for what hp i want but i was wondering if it would spool ok if i bought it and ran it on my stock d16y8?? or should i just wait till my sleeved block is on before i get it??

let me know thanks for the opinions!!!
also let me know about dif. turbos that you think might work or be better for my application!!
http://www.rx7store.net/product_p/garrett gt2876r.htm

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts
you dont really need sleeves unless yours are messed up, but 42 48 t3s hit full boost at like 3k lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
First of all what is your budget?

·
Registered
835 Posts
you dont really need sleeves unless yours are messed up, but 42 48 t3s hit full boost at like 3k lol
x2 or if u plan on exceeding 400 hp

and my .42/.48 wont reach full boost till 4k because of the 12 valves in low cam mode... :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my t3 doesnt pull full boost till about 4500 or 5k rpms i just found a leak on the welding on the manifold :noway:. i was just going to run sleeves that way im safe for 400+ and between 20-30 psi. u think those numbers are ok on stock sleeves with pistons and rods?? and what turbo do you recomend for those numbers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and for my budget i dont know what exactly it is but i just try to figure out what things will be best for my car and i save up to get them i want to get pretty good set of pistons and rods that way i know they will last and i want a good lasting turbo. just let me know what you guys think i should do and i will find a way to get it lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts