Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a new motor to build and then swap into my Rex. It is a z6 and it is all ready been pulled from the guys car, what would you check to be sure it is not a Pos. Sent from phone, sorry about being brief. As well, is there anyway to tell what tranny is bolted to it via, code stamping?

·
Registered
206 Posts
do a comp. test on it, make sure its not been sitting out in the weather, the trans will have a stamp on the end.

·
Registered
eg hatch
67 Posts
I always check the head to be golden brown (oil changes regularly) and you could do the compression test if you have the equipment to do so . You can also tell by the price lol sometimes its just to good to be true :chinese:

the tranny code will be by the axle stamped.. the b000 would be ex/si and A000 would be dx/lx
b000 is the tranny of choice for most setups since it has shorter gears

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
Same boat, I found an engine and tranny from a local selling me both for 200 d17a2. Engine has a spun rod bearing and the tranny grinds third. Just about everything is going to be replaced and built in the engine and my tranny slips second pretty hard. These are the first two pieces to my project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts