Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i work for Best Buy, i have been there for 7 years now. This last week we had inventory and on Tuesday the numbers came back and lack of better works it fucking sucked. Well all day tuesday myself and SWAT (counts shit) who works for me were doing research on missing things blah blah.

Thursday comes around and my GM pulls myself and SWAT into the office and tells us that this wasnt good (obviously) and tells us that our district staff is going to do a investigation about what happened here. After he tells us this he trys to get us to turn on each other as he threw me out of the office to talk to my SWAT then called me back to talk about my SWAT.

I come to work on Friday and one of my delivery team tells me this "i heared from my GF that J (GM) is offering your job to P(person that was just let go)" Now this person who knows about this DOSENT WORK FOR THE COMPNAY. The investigation has not even started yet and im being told from people that dont even work for my company that im losing my job and its being offered to another person who was let go due to re-organization. So P sent a text message to her friend who works at another company who sent a txt to her friend who is my delivery guys GF.

Im calling HR on Monday bc i think this is BS i dont want to even go back to this place if its know by ppl that dont work for Best Buy know that im losing my job. I have information on my GM for falsifying company documents that would have caught all the issues that came up on inventory night. Im thinking if im going to get fired and this "investigation" hasnt even started i should start as many fires as i can, since there is nothing i can do to save my job.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Hostile work environment...sounds like they are just shaking the tree to see what falls out, if you like your job, ride out the storm, if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

If you don't like your job, find another one...then quit

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Take it to HR. It's going to have to go over your GMs position if you want to keep your job. I agree with Cali, they're shaking the tree to see what falls out.

If inventory is missing it could be that there is a thief in your group. Sad to say that it could be your GM pilfering shit then trying to use you for a scapegoat. Just a worse case theory and hopefully it's wrong. Good luck man

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
You have to have proof, then take it above the head of the GM. If he interferes even better, the more he tries to stop it the better you look. If they are telling people about and open theft/loss investigation there is a shit ton of leverage to be had by a smart even headed person.

I used to manage 85 global inventories for a tech company that had each tech count an individual warehouse of parts and then I balanced them all to with in $3000.00 on a multi-million dollar inventory. If I was off I had to find it, if I didnt find it I would have been in deep shyt. I know how this goes, good luck.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Put the carriage back behind the horse..

He said she said BS always ends up being false. I would shut my mouth, and keep personal records. IF...the storm brews, you have your notes to fall onto. Don't get caught up in the hype. The minute emotion are put into a situation, LOGIC is out the window. When your in that type of moment, count to two before answering questions, you'd be surprised what actually comes out of your mouth, compared to what you were going to say.

·
Registered
92 hatchback
1,517 Posts
It sounds like a very hostile environment to work in. Your co-worker stole crap and blamed you, you will be fired unless you can prove otherwise. If you had dirt on the person ahead of you, just let it go.

I never narc'd on nobody!

cliff notes---I'd start looking for a job

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
It sounds like a very hostile environment to work in. Your co-worker stole crap and blamed you, you will be fired unless you can prove otherwise. If you had dirt on the person ahead of you, just let it go.

I never narc'd on nobody!

cliff notes---I'd start looking for a job
yup.

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
Tuff deal. If you have done no wrong let his mouth get him caught man. Stick to your guns either way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts