Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am the owner of a 1995 civic ex coupe with 205,000 miles on the original tired d16z6 and auto tranny. The engine is burning a bit of oil, about a quart every 2-3 weeks. I want more power out of my car, however i understand that the current engine and transmission are not up to the task...

a local engine swap shop jeimport performance in baltimore quoted me 5,500 for a dohc gsr swap. My questions are, What kind of price would a sohc d16z6 swap with a manual tranny cost, labor included, would it be significantly cheaper than getting the dohc gsr swap leaving me money left over to TURBO? My goal is to have a mild reliable daily driver with about 175whp. im looking to spend 4 grand max, however i understand that performance and budget often do not go well with each other. I f anybody could give me there opinion about my options please let me know. In maryland here it seems my choices are limited. if anyone knows of a shop that does good work im md, pa, del, jersey, va, please let me know about it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Its always a ton of money when you have a shop do work. If you don't want to tackle the job yourself, I would find an individual around you that has experience swapping these motors and have him do it. He can save you a ton of money.

JDM B16A, 5spd LSD trans, ecu - $2,099 shipped.

install - I'm guessing anywhere between $300-500

Now your sitting at a little over half your budget and you have your power goal. You can definitely get axles, linkage, mounts, etc for the remainder of you budget!

ORRRR: You can always rebuild and boost the z6 for I'm guessing up to 250-275hp at a shop for under 4k... this way harder on you because you research and find what parts you need/want

·
Registered
841 Posts
well your cheapest route would be to rebuild the motor you have now and do MT swap..get a SI tranny for 150-350$..you can get a turbo bottom end kit off of fj distro for around 600$ (damn good deal) and then take it to a machine shop and have them put the block together..shouldnt be exspensive at all..lookin around 500$ thats if you get the standard 75mm bore vitaras with the package..there for they dont have to bore the block over they will just hone it..might wanna get the crank polished and balanced as well..the head just get presure checked and cleaned up..then youll def have some moneys left over to peice a cheap little turbo kit together with about 2 grand for sure..but dont forget your gonna want a tune then..its only gonna get more exspencive lol..

Tiger Japanese - Home

Good deals with motors if you wanna do a swap ^^

Theres also plenty more sites as well..

·
Registered
honda civic
410 Posts
5500$ wtf here in south Florida you can get a eg on boost looking really nice for like 4500. and most of the time they have b series in them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts