Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up guys.. Like the title says.. i have a hatch that was tuned on crome but i beat this thing up daily... now, i'm not sure how much damage i did to it, but i had fun.

some specs..
vitara 75mm
Eagle rods
GE Sleeves
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head Studs
Precision 1000cc injectors
Edelbrock IM
GE Vacume Block
AEM Cam Gear
Blitz SS BOV
TiAL WG
Garrett 60 Trim

I was thinking buying an s300, and taking it to brent @ PFI here in CO for a re-tune? or should i open the motor and check some stuff?

And some quick pix

·
Registered
138 Posts
i take it that its just chipped right now?? or what ecu setup are you running??... and i assume you want more power??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i take it that its just chipped right now?? or what ecu setup are you running??... and i assume you want more power??
Yea it's just chipped. But the thing is, around here there is no shop that will tune crome, and my motor stutters at 5.5k rpm.. the tune is messed up. It's also on e85 at the moment.

car made 428 whp on 26psi originally.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
crome works for ppl but I suggest neptune. hondata works just fine too. But seriously, get some good tuning stuff. u have a top mount and cheaped out on tuning???

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crome works for ppl but I suggest neptune. hondata works just fine too. But seriously, get some good tuning stuff. u have a top mount and cheaped out on tuning???
Yea i now know. I'm not driving her until i get an s300, then tune it. But what im worried about is if i F'd anything up beating it the way i did. I changed the setup, and never went back for a tune.

·
Registered
138 Posts
well a retune sounds like it would help.. i cant say what number would be but im sure youll get a few.. and any head work cam?? ect?

·
Registered
138 Posts
i liek the neptune also... but ive never heard bad about either i just run neptune and havent had a problem

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i liek the neptune also... but ive never heard bad about either i just run neptune and havent had a problem
I'd have to call the shops around to see if they will tune that. Because even the s200 nobody around here will tune it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd have to call the shops around to see if they will tune that. Because even the s200 nobody around here will tune it.
well as long as you drive nice you can always drive a few hundred miles to a shop that will tune an up to date software lol like xylocramer said "crome works for ppl but I suggest neptune. hondata works just fine too. But seriously, get some good tuning stuff. u have a top mount and cheeped out on tuning???"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well as long as you drive nice you can always drive a few hundred miles to a shop that will tune an up to date software lol like xylocramer said "crome works for ppl but I suggest neptune. hondata works just fine too. But seriously, get some good tuning stuff. u have a top mount and cheeped out on tuning???"
I would have already re-tuned it, but no shop around here tunes with crome. Sounds stupid i know... and i tried with an s200 that my friend was giving me, but they dont use that either.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well idk how you drive but it should be fine as long as you weren't a dumb ass.... and if need be you could alway rebuild the block with bigger pistons
I would'nt redline it since it would stutter at 5.5k. Yea i'll just look for an s300 and get it up to PFI ASAP.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
BTW... Does this site have a Classified section?
yes, but u have to have 65 posts to get there, and dont just post bullshit because if u do, mods will set u back to 0. It can suck at times but it helps keep DSO from being honda tech and having ppl get boned every week.

I had a guy tune my car on neptune that had never heard of it before he learned it no problem it's not that hard. If you are really worried about the internals, just drop the pan and check shit out and girdle if you are really worried. NBD

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes, but u have to have 65 posts to get there, and dont just post bullshit because if u do, mods will set u back to 0. It can suck at times but it helps keep DSO from being honda tech and having ppl get boned every week.

I had a guy tune my car on neptune that had never heard of it before he learned it no problem it's not that hard. If you are really worried about the internals, just drop the pan and check shit out and girdle if you are really worried. NBD
Yea, that sounds like a good idea actually. I'd probably do that first before anything. THanks bro

1 - 20 of 61 Posts