Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a d16z6 block i used std bearings and when i install and trq the girdle to 38 ft lbs it refuses to turn over no matter how hard u try t turn it..

there are no pistons in it this is only with the girdle
the bearings are std acl and everything is lubed(even if it wasnt lubed it would still turn)

i just dont know what is wrong would a girdle thats possibly not from the original block cause this?

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i diaassembled the entire shortblock now the only thing attached to the block is the crank with the bearings and the thrust washers and the girdle bolted to the top..the pistons and everything are out of the block.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how can that be though iv only read that it might effect the engine in a way. i didnt know how it would do it or even how it can

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well nothing is impossible but its very near it.. and even if i put the thing in bone dry and sprayed glue between them it would still turn over when u put in excess of 300 ftlbs on it (MINE DOSENT)

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts
I'm going to hop on the bandwagon and say it needs a line bore and oversized bearings.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah im not paying for a line bore ill junk the thing then. blocks are too cheap, i can get 2 blocks for what it would cost to fix this one

·
Registered
249 Posts
I put a Type 4 2L for my old vdubb together back in the old days and had everything worked out and as soon as I took the torque wrench to the case and tried to turn the crank it was a no go.

Everything looked good when I did the plastiguage but when it came down to it I had to get the block line bored. I guess 1/1000th's of a inch make a difference when metal is sitting on metal. :pinch:

Good luck to you and whatever it is I hope it's cheap to fix!

Edit: I also learned a valuable lesson. Measure, measure, measure and measure again and make a little bit of spare time take it somewhere and have them measure it.

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
you have the wrong sized bearings. theyre too big.

edit: its the girdle. the block might be .xxx1 and the girdle is .xxx6. when you put the bearing in, its too tight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts