Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I just p/u a 95 Hatch and it's got the d15b JDM in it. I thought the ECU should be a p28?? But that's not what's in it...I think it was a p08 or p06, can't remember now! Am I wrong or what??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to be running vtec. The guy that had it before broke the bracket on the non-vtec dizzy to advance the timing. So I bought the right vtec dizzy and running through fixing his "engineering" :lol: How much for the p28?

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
a p28 and p 08 would both work just the p08 wont pass any kind of smog or emissions

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
p28 then

·
Registered
510 Posts
I recommend running a P28 computer and upgrading the board to support a socket so you can download the D15b basemap into it. (Or send it to someone and have them do it for you) You really won't get the most out of the engine unless you use the computer's fuel/timing/spark maps that go with it.

This is why I decided to stick with a USDM engine. Chipping the ECU is not high on my list of things to do right now.

·
Registered
516 Posts
P08 is the "right" ECU. However, I've found that running P28 code with an increased rev limiter seems to work better on the JDM D15b. I've tested this on a few different cars running the D15b.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts