Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this question is very important for me and i need your help to find out,
I am from Republic of Georgia, and purticipating in Honda mono cup circuit championship of Georgia, the rules are the engine must be 1.5 DPFI , stock engine!!! no racing parts! you can only use parts which have ever been istalled by the factory on 1.5 stock engines..
So i have d15b2 engine and tryeng to make it more powerfull, i know its possible becouse others have somehow managed to do that, so i need your help,

what else can I do to increase power? and to stay whithin the rules..

·
Registered
1988 Honda Civic DX
125 Posts
Do the rules allow for changes in intake and exhaust set ups?

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
havin to stay dpfi is what will hurt the most. You best bet would to try and do somethin internally and mod your trans

·
Registered
^^^^^^
416 Posts
I've seen bigger throttle bodies put on DPFI intakes. In the article I read the guy used a ford throttle body. Made his own adapter plate and all that. Figure out how to do that, then drop an a6 cam in, mill the head, and deck the block. Maybe run a z6 headgasket too. I've heard the z6 exhaust manifold is pretty well flowing. Engine would appear stock.

If you want to keep the honda throttle body, might be a good idea to port it and port the intake manifold too. I know the DPFI ecu's can be tuned.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,358 Posts
put a a6 cam in it if you can find one.

get an Si tranny

stick a hose clamp on the fuel return line if you need to run more pressure

advance your timing

like the guy said above, mill the head, that will help!

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
i have heard of people changing one of the 2 injectors to a bigger one it makes more power my buddy did it...

remove the restrictor plate in the plastic thing over the throttle body it holds back a lot of air flow and will add about 10 hp

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have heard of people changing one of the 2 injectors to a bigger one it makes more power my buddy did it...

remove the restrictor plate in the plastic thing over the throttle body it holds back a lot of air flow and will add about 10 hp
10HP From removing the metal gaurd in the dpfi diaphram
:dots:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
D15B1
where can i find that article? and how many horses a tuned ECU do you think will give me whithout reving up the angine higher than 7000 rpm?

danz
how must i ask dealers about a6 cam? does it have any number or enything?

and from what angine can i take out that si tranny? sorry for thouse kind of questions but i dons understand some termins

and the hose clamp , yes that is easy, should i close it at all? or just make it narrower?

and for how much i must advance the timing? :)

Anonymoussquid
from which car can i take a bigger injector? that will fit my honda

and yes i found that restrictor plate was not opening good enough bu the vacuum, so i fixed it in the opened pisition, do you think it will be better to remove that all from there? and can you tell me what is it for at all???

and thank you for your help

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,358 Posts
if you have access to a dyno use that to determine how much to advance your timing.

an A6 cam comes from a D16A6 engine. i am not sure what they came in over there, but they came in 88-91 Civic/CRX Si's here.

Use the hose clamp to bump the pressure. install a fuel pressure gauge to see where you are at and use a wideband o2 sensor to monitor your air fuel ratio (if you even need to increase the fuel, you will only know when you put it together)

if i was you, i would mill 2mm off the head :)

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
D15B1
where can i find that article? and how many horses a tuned ECU do you think will give me whithout reving up the angine higher than 7000 rpm?

danz
how must i ask dealers about a6 cam? does it have any number or enything?

and from what angine can i take out that si tranny? sorry for thouse kind of questions but i dons understand some termins

and the hose clamp , yes that is easy, should i close it at all? or just make it narrower?

and for how much i must advance the timing? :)

Anonymoussquid
from which car can i take a bigger injector? that will fit my honda

and yes i found that restrictor plate was not opening good enough bu the vacuum, so i fixed it in the opened pisition, do you think it will be better to remove that all from there? and can you tell me what is it for at all???

and thank you for your help
the little resistor plate is held on by one screw if i do recall it was used to boost fuel economy as far as i know.. and as for the injector upgrade i will look into it iand lewt you know if i find anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts