Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I am in a severe need for a tune... most tuners that i have talked to around here require a wideband to tune a turbod car, so the question arises to which wideband is the best bang for the buck. basically im looking for the best deal while not sacrificing quality, i really like the autometer cobalt wideband( part#6178 ), i can get it for $300 off ebay, and the rest of my gauges are now autometer cobalt also.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
LC-1 or the AEM wide bands are the 2 i would use. and i forget who it is but they sell parts for cheap on here i think he said like 225 shipped on a AEM

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LC-1 or the AEM wide bands are the 2 i would use. and i forget who it is but they sell parts for cheap on here i think he said like 225 shipped on a AEM
well i wish you could remember cuz thats killer! ebay is more expensive than that!

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Buy my LC-1. :)

Most tuners should have their own wideband O2's so you shouldn't have to buy one. They'd just simply disable your stock narrowband O2 and hook up their O2 during tuning.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I just picked mine up on Ebay for $225 shipped. Just search.

·
11,892 Posts

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
Yeah the AEM and LC-1/XD-16 are pretty much the best two out there right now.

Someone did a side-by-side comparo of like 10 different models and found those two to be the highest ranking.

Ironically, though, they found the PLX to be the LEAST accurate with a +/- 1.0 AFR difference in readings. :shock: :lol: Guess you get what you pay for :p

Here's the article:

http://tunertools.com/articles/FordMuscle.pdf

Seems the only reasons the Innovative beat out the AEM was because the AEM lacked integrated datalogging software and had a slightly slower response time.

Also when you start to look at pricing, the AEM goes for around $200 and nets you all the wiring you need, a sensor, and a gauge. The XD-16 that they tested retails for around $450 and comes with the same stuff. The LC-1 by itself is about the same price as the AEM, minus the gauge. All the XD-16 is is an LC-1 with a fancy gauge like the AEM. So for $200 more you're paying for a gauge for your LC-1. :lol:

Bottom line, if you want to have a robust, reasonably priced WB kit with gauge, get the AEM. If all you need is a WB interface for your ECU, get the Innovative.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i didn't have any issues with my SM-AFR unit from plx. it read the same as the innovative one the "tuner" used while tuning my y7. idk. i like the way the plx unit is and the ease of hook up, along with the display gauge (digital and sweep).

·
11,892 Posts
MY AEM wideband showed up today and I hope to install it this weekend and so some tuning. I'll let you guys know how it goes with the install and such.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts