Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all! I've never used a water meth kit and I would like to know which kits you guys prefer and why? Ease of instillation? Price? Durability? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,716 Posts
I know the AEM kit has multiple fail safes that will decrease boost if there is a problem, I will be getting this one. I think you can setup failsafes with any water/meth kit though. The Snow performance and Devil's Own are good kits I've seen alot of people use.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why are you going W/M?
Jrsc 6psi, 11.5:1 pistons... Plus every beneficial reason you can think of

aem is expensive its like 5-6 hundred dollars plus taxes. snow performance i can get for 272 plus taxes
I just priced aem at a little over 3 with 1 gal tank and a little over 4 with 5 gal tank

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
They're all pretty much the same. AEM has a fail safe and I believe snow does too...but this only matters if your ECU can utilize the feature and run different maps (which I believe most do). Personally, I would go with the system that you can get for the cheapest that has the best nozzle selection. There's a YouTube video floating around that has some good IAT data with different nozzle combos on a D16 JRSC setup.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
In my opinion a good fail safe system is essential. If you need the system, it will detonate and destroy your engine if it fails. If a system failure does not result in detonation, you did not need it anyway.

You need good corrosion resistant components, especially the pump.

You need need seals that resist alcohol.

You need a good reliable anti siphon valve to avoid risk of hydraulic lock when parked at certain angles on slopes.

In my opinion a large variety of nozzles is not that much of an issue as you can buy a collection of small ones and drill them any size you want. I have even done it with a small tapered reamer to get the flow just right.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the input errrbody

oh wow, where from?
yeah I was wrong about that...

I have even done it with a small tapered reamer to get the flow just right.
great idea won't forget it

i got a snow performance stage 2 kit
for sale if you want check it out on my sale thread....
http://www.d-series.org/forums/sale/155342-f-s-water-meth-arps-450s-fj-rods.html
I posted on your thread! PMing seems to be PMSing for some reason

·
Registered
EK Sedan
347 Posts
Im going with the AEM 1 gallon kit, bisi has them on sale right now for 365, but Jegs also price matches any online site soo... i think ill go that route, Jegs has way better customer service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts