Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've started my new build due to so many issues with the last one, like the machinist boring the cylinders with a taper, and milling the deck uneven. So I had a spare block and head, and sent it to the another machine shop. Now I just got a call from them and a bunch of valves are bent. So now I get to shop for new valves. I'm looking for some valves that will be good for 350-400HP. I've been looking at KMS, Supertech, SI, Manley, Ferrea, and there are some nitrided valves on Ebay for 99.00 and FJT has some on his site listed as stock replacements. I'm not looking to spend a ton of money, but I want a decent valve that's not going to come apart. What are your suggestions. I've noticed a lot of people running supertechs, but in all honesty I would like to save some money here if I can. Already shelling out about $600 in machine work. Anyone recomend any suppliers. Thanks!

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Supertechs have never let me down...neither have my OEMs either.
That was fast. Know where their are any good deals? I was looking at OEM, but their just as much as supertechs if not more.

I also forgot to mention. I'm running CP pistons for a y7 with an a6 head resulting in lower compression. I believe 8.8:1. Ferrea has flat top valves for 160ish. I can't seem to find info on how much it will raise compression. I think it's only .2 or .3, which would put me just over 9:1. Can anyone verify this. There was no input in the compression calculator I used for valve dish.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I bought my supertech (springs) from pporting^

-Luke

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Flat headed valves are heavier.

Not accounting for valve head or how deep they are seated is one of the inaccuracies in CR calculators.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
On the high performance V8s I do I normally use Ferrara, but Honda seem to do nice with stock. Just because Supertech is after market, that does not necessarily make them better than stock.

What boost, CR, power, rpm , cam and seat pressures are people running reliably with stock and Supertech..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts