Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just purchased civic hx for daily commuter it had the vx transmission but I didn't care for it here is a pic of my car it is a work in progress 1500 for the car and 500 for s40 ex trans not bad the guy had the distributer twisted back instead of lined up straight so it was sluggish 0 to 2900 rpm now it runs good also has intake and exhaust heres a lil clip

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty

ty im going to upgrade suspension brakes and wheels next I will do the body work last its my daily commuter I do about 64 miles a day M-F so not to concerned with looks of the body interior is perty clean motor very healthy 200k miles and it has ice cold a/c

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am doing the same with mine, got my full suspension and rotors,pads and shoes, Just waiting on the lines and I will be happy. :)

Keep us updated on the progress!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Good car to start with, welcome.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
dont know yet

I will fill up tomorrow and track how many miles and let you know rpm on freeway are petty Hi at 80 mph its at about 3700 rpm in 5th gear

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
results

ok so here is the results I got 352.4 miles out of the 11.9 gallon tank I didn't run it till it ran out of gas but the gas gauge was at bottom not moving at all there was .8 gallons left in the tank when I filled up again so average is about 31.49 mpg this was on 91 octane from shell

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's better than I am getting with my b7, most I have gotten is about 29mpg but I have a slushbox and drive like a maniac as much as possible lol

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
With a fresh tune up and valve adjustment, I got close to 40mpg out of my B7 lol...I am going to miss that motor

Welcome to dso

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
ok so here is the results I got 352.4 miles out of the 11.9 gallon tank I didn't run it till it ran out of gas but the gas gauge was at bottom not moving at all there was .8 gallons left in the tank when I filled up again so average is about 31.49 mpg this was on 91 octane from shell
i think something is wrong with your car, it should get at least 38mpg which is what most ex civics get. my hx started out getting 36-38mpg (with ex tranny also) i bought a new egr valve and air filter and it jumped up to 40-42mpg all highway miles and 37-40 mixed.

even with 166whp turbo my d16y5 got 30-32mpg mixed so i would look into fixing some things. i would either remove the egr and get a new one or try to clean yours, also on the intake manifold under the fuel rail is the egr chamber i would take the top off that and clean it out real good also.

·
Registered
114 Posts
welcome! to figure out the gas mileage try cruising at about 65 for whole tank and see what you get. 80 MPH definitely is not the best speed for gas mileage.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
egr chamber was cleaned out and gasket replaced no check enging light is on I always fill up with 91 but I drive 80 mph to work straight for about 28 miles on the freeway and 6 miles on the street im sure if I drove 65 mph I would get better mpg but I start work at 4am and im on the freeway at about 320 am and everyone is flying past me and im doing 80 . I did notice a slight oil leak looks like its coming from my rear main seal so im going to fix the leak and well im at it I was thinking of putting in a xtd stage 4 clutch kit with 8.5 lb flywheel.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Better than my who knows how many miles a gallon car, that's for sure. I just see the needle go down when on boost. Haha. Nice car welcome to DSO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts