im thinking of getting some new tyres for my car

either

bridgestone potenza g3

firestone wide oval

yokohama es100

maxxis ma-z1 victra

im getting in tyres size

195/50 r15

does anybody have either used these and could give the upside or downside of these ??

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
what do you mean by track? 1/4 mile or turns track?

my kumo 712's are cheap as fuck and wor very well in all ways except now. im sure there are plenty of better tires outhtere.

·
Registered
983 Posts
falken azenis kick ass. i use them both on and off the track with no issues.
my bro got dicked on these tires! When he had an accident the cop quoted "those look like illegal race type tires on your vehicle!"

We laughed in his face when we pointed out the DOT on the sidewall!

Azenis are amazing tires tho! I'll be running them in autox next season!
Cant wait it'll be my first season....

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
my bro got dicked on these tires! When he had an accident he quoted "those look like illegal race type tires on your vehicle!"

We laughed in his face when we pointed out the DOT on the sidewall!

Azenis are amazing tires tho! I'll be running them in autox next season!
Cant wait it'll be my first season....

I have been running them on my cars for 4 years with no issues whatsoever. they are awesome and i have never had one single issue with them in any type of weather.

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
Falken Azenis & Kumho ECSTA MX's are the prefered Autocross tires for street tire classes. They are reasonably priced & very grippy. If you're hard core into track days or Solo, you might consider a 2nd set of wheels for copetition tires. Having 2 sets of dedicated tires will prolong the life cycle of each.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
which azenis r u using ?? rt615 ??

or rt215 ??

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
The Autocrossers are useing RT615's
GRM had a blurb about the ECSTA MX's bering replaced. I haven't heard anything about the new version.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Don't we have a tire review thread on this site?

The Kumho's are good for the price (from what i hear), but tread life isn't suppose to be very great... check out the BFG g-sports...

on a (kinda) related note: what would be some good tires for the 1/4 mi? I've heard azenis are far from great on launches, but heard nothing but good things about then in the corners :TU:

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
The ECSTA MX's & the Azenis RT615 are not intended to have a long tread lift. That's the compromise you make to get the cornering grip.

I think Nitto & BFG make DOT Drag radial. I don't have any experiance with them

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
BF Goodrich KDW's. End thread. Game over. Very good on the track, not loud on the street. Good treadwear too, more than what it is rated for. Con - Moderately Expensive depending on rim size.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
BF Goodrich KDW's. End thread. Game over. Very good on the track, not loud on the street. Good treadwear too, more than what it is rated for. Con - Moderately Expensive depending on rim size.
2nd that but depending on rim size/width can run into a hurt on your wallet, but are definitly worth it.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
The ECSTA MX's & the Azenis RT615 are not intended to have a long tread lift. That's the compromise you make to get the cornering grip.

I think Nitto & BFG make DOT Drag radial. I don't have any experiance with them
they are mostly Z rated tires on grip. cant expect too much life. ime geting 20,000 is out of my kumho 712's.

-1* front -.5* rear.

zero toe all around, sears free rotation every 4000 miles lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts